[Oabs] Also... more on fundraising

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 03:44:36 UTC 2014

Also, this was mentioned at the board meeting in regards to the
affiliate as well.  I feel it applies to us as a division too, so I'll
recap it here.

The affiliate's main source of money, and our main source of income as
a division, has been other members of the affiliate.  We need to look
for outside sources of income, because if we continually nickel and
dime the same people for every fundraiser, we're not going to get
anywhere.  OABS isn't in a position where we can get corperate
sponsors, but this is why we need to get a long-term, sighted and
blind-friendly fundraiser off the ground.  I would encourage you to
send Emily any ideas you might have for getting our poor braille
bookmarks made so we can sell them, as well as any other ideas for
potential long-term fundraisers.

That is all I have for this email.  Sorry I forgot to put it in my last one.