[Oabs] Equal access letters

Jordy Stringer jordystringer83 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 06:40:23 UTC 2015

Salutations Students of Ohio, I hope this message finds you all Warm, well,
and safe.

I've been so excited to read and hear about the various stories of you all
finishing this semester strong, and confident. I look forward to hearing
many more as we transition in to the New Year.

As you all know equal access to educational and other instructional
materials is of paramount importance to us as students. There is still time
for you to have your voice heard. NABS is making its final push to collect
the necessary letters to take to congress in order to bridge the gap between
the system we have now and one that we are confident will function more
efficiently for us all.

With no looming classes for the next few days I encourage you all to take a
few moments to write your congressional representatives insisting that they
take up the conversation as it relates to the development of accessibility
guidelines for instructional educational materials.

These guidelines would give direction to manufacturers, provide clarity to
schools about how to meet their legal obligations regarding technology, and
give long-overdue access to us.

Your letters need not be long, however they should tell your story; one page
or two.

Letters can be forwarded to Sean Whalen at Nabs.president at gmail.com, or
Kathryn Webster at: kathrynwebster.nfb at gmail.com.

Many blessings to you and your families,

Jordy D. Stringer, Treasurer, Blind Vision United

Inform, Encourage, empower

blindness is not what holds you bac.