[Oabs] One last note about the fundraiser

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 01:15:35 UTC 2015

Hi all,

As 3/4 of us are leaving for convention tomorrow, here is my final
email regarding the fundraiser.  We have  the group chat to keep in
touch through the week on IMessage.

Emily is flying in tomorrow morning and will have tickets 301-600 with
her.  Aleeha has tickets 101-200.  I will be flying in on Sunday
afternoon and have tickets 1-100, 201-300, and 601 on up (I'm
finishing that batch up and will keep going till I run out of paper).
The 4 of us can each start with 150 tickets and see how that goes.
(Aleeha, I'm also brailling stubs only for the electronic tickets sold
through today but I'll perferate them so they will look as identical
as possible to the others when split apart).  Macy, I'm not sure when
you land, but if you can connect with Emily on the group message or
otherwise to pick up your 150 tickets from her that would be awesome.
I can give Aleeha an extra 50 once I land on Sunday.

Folders-We discussed earlier having folders or binders of sorts to
keep the tickets in.  I'm using a portfolio of mine because it zips up
and will be a little more secure, but I do have a folder and an
accordian fold I can bring.  The accordian fold seals shut with an
elastic band that goes over a button, so it should be secure as long
as whoever has it is careful with it.  The folder is a little more
flimsy, but I'll dig up one or two of those office clips to place on
the open side and the top to prevent spills.  I'll also bring baggies
for everyone to store all their stubs and money in.

Convention is hectic, but please try to give all money to Emily when
you see her so she can keep track of it.  Even if it's not a high
amount, just give it to her whenever you have the chance-it's less for
everyone to worry about that way.  All ticket stubs need to go to
Aleeha before leaving the hotel, but we'll discuss that deadline as
the week goes on.  If you feel the need to unload your stubs after a
while, then as with Emily get in touch with Aleeha.

A reminder that we're not allowed to sell durring general sessions.
All other times of convention are free game, though obviously don't
sell durring resolutions or something.

We now officially have 10 gift card packages!  Shelbi and Eric have
donated 2 $10 Fannie May Candy gift cards intended to be a $20
packaged deal, as Fannie May can be expensive.  The cards can also be
used at 1800 Flowers, 1800 Baskets, and Cheryls.  My parents have
decided to buy $50 in tickets and donate a $50 gift card, which we
will be picking up soon.  That lands us at 10 prize packages with a
few on the upper end at $20 or $25, and one "grand prize" card at $50.
It also puts us now at close to $200 in sales!

Happy 4th of July and safe travels.  If you have questions for me
please don't hesitate to call or text, and let's use the IMessage
because I think it will be a useful tool.  If those of you who aren't
going want updates on the fundraiser feel free to send an email to the
list as well.  We might not respond right away, but someone who is
there will get back to you at some point.  I'm planning on waking up
at 6:00 most days as I have a few plans at 7:00, so I can respond to
messages then.

Thanks, all.  Let's have an awesome convention and an awesome
fundraiser, so we can do awesome things with the profits for the
division and BELL!  To my knowledge OABS has never conducted a
national fundraiser at convention or otherwise, so we could be making
history with our efforts this summer!  I'll confirm that for accuracy,
but I'm really proud of the work we've accomplished so far and
anticipate success in the work we will do this next week.