[Oabs] Gift card update

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 04:21:51 UTC 2015

Hi, OABSters,

For those who have not checked it recently, or do not have access to
the OABS dropbox account for the fundraising committee, here is what
we have so far.  There are 8 gift cards that are or soon will be in
our prize kitty for winners.  From the Capital chapter we have a $15
Itunes card.  From OABS we have a $25 Darden restaurants card, a $10
Chipotle card, a $10 Bath and Bodyworks card, and a $10 Dominos card
which is being purchased with a $5 donation from me.  I'm also
providing a $10 Tim Horton's card and a $15 Itunes card.  Finally,
Lorraine County is donating an Amazon card but Sherri had not
purchased it yet.  She said it will be bought with the June scrip
order, as will the cards from the division and from me.  Capital's
card was also purchased with scrip, so all these cards will also give
a kickback to the affiliate.

There will be one more opportunity to get some more cards with the
July Scrip order, unless you are able to set up your account quickly
and get your check in.  I would encourage anyone who has the funds to
help out by even purchasing a $10 card.  Recall that our original goal
was to have 15 cards, but if we could have even a nice, even 10 that
would be great.  Helping with this will also help the division move
closer to meeting Eric's challenge.  As much as I'd like to have my
own registration fee waved, I'd like even more for the students to be
the first division/chapter to rise to the occasion.  We can't let
those guys in Cleveland beat us out, can we?  Let's get a little
competitive with this for the sake of some minor bragging rights and
because it helps the affiliate!

Otherwise, we're still doing very well for ourselves.  66 tickets at
55 dollars may not seem like much, but remember that we have the vast
majority of our time with this fundraiser left and people will be more
likely to buy in person when they loosen their pockets for all kinds
of Federation causes.  I took a half hour to just stand near the deli
and announce I had candy from Ohio in 2013, and had my best buying
spell that way.  Selling in division meetings also works pretty well;
the human services division loved our M&Ms.  I'm confident this will
be an exciting fundraiser for us.  Nevertheless, I am going to send
another email out to the membership at-large to follow up our notice
in this month's Braille Monitor, and I'll probably send out one more
before convention.

Fundraising committee had a good meeting on Friday, and Jordy Stringer
showed up and provided some valuable input as well.  A reminder that
the two committees we have are really the bread and butter of this
division, and it is through their work that we will be able to do some
exciting things.  I encourage all of you to look ahead to the next
membership meeting on June 11th.  National Convention might turn up
some new students from Ohio that we have not connected with yet, so it
is important to give membership and recruitment some attention.