[Oabs] September meeting

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 02:12:43 UTC 2015

Hi, OABS,

I recognized tonight that we have not yet had a meeting this month,
and that we should have held it last Thursday.  This month has been
very sleepy for us without a membership committee meeting as Aleeha
moved into LCB just a short time before that, but we do need to meet
this month to start finalizing convention details.  I appologize for
the oversight.

As some of you already know, my grandmother has been very sick the
past few months.  It looked like she was going to move into hospice
earlier this month, and that time came this past week right around
Wednesday.  It truly was a case of not having the meeting even cross
my mind at that time.  I recognize that we might have to play with the
timing to make it work, but I am open to suggestions for that.  My
recommendation is that we hold the call either this Thursday at 7:00
or 7:15 in advance of the fundraising committee's usual time, or we
hold them the following Thursday which would be vacant of any other
committee meetings anyway.  That would be October 1st if I'm not
mistaken.

I hope that you all will be patient with me this month, and I will
make sure this does not happen in October; it can't right before
convention.  This is the time we need to make the push to get
everything settled.  We do have the luxury of a few extra weeks to
prepare since convention isn't in early November this year, but we
need to take advantage of those as best we can.

A final note: Please send me any additional information or corrections
you might have for the gavel award forms.  I know I need to contact
Emily to go through treasury information, but otherwise I am missing a
good amount of information from those on the list serve who may not
attend meetings regularly.  Even if you don't attend meetings
regularly, please do send me an email with answers to the form, or
even a list of your activities or extracurriculars you are involved
in.  Knowing if you have signed up for Newsline, Scrip, or if you
belong to a local chapter is also helpful.  Odds are that if I know
you're involved in something I already put it down on the form, but
there is a lot that Aleeha, Macy, and I (who filled out the form last
month) do not know about the membership and we don't want to exclude
anything important.

Secretary, NFB Performing Arts Division