[OABS] Fwd: [NABS-L] December NABS Membership Call: Consent in the Eras of Me, Too, COVID-19, and Marching Together

Kinshuk Tella kinshuk.tella at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 22:16:17 UTC 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Elizabeth Rouse via NABS-L <nabs-l at nfbnet.org>
Date: Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 3:01 PM
Subject: [NABS-L] December NABS Membership Call: Consent in the Eras of Me,
Too, COVID-19, and Marching Together
To: National Association of Blind Students mailing list <nabs-l at nfbnet.org>
CC: Elizabeth Rouse <elizabethrouse.nfb at gmail.com>

Hey, NABSters!
I hope this message finds you all basking in the after glow of a successful
week of finals.
Dropping into your inboxes to invite you all to a mature conversation on
the importance of consent and both sex and blindness positivity hosted by
the National Association of Blind Students. Many of us have been having
conversations lately about the importance of consent in and out of the NFB,
so we can’t think of a more appropriate time to begin conversations on how
consent can be attractive, how many of us discovered concepts surrounding
beauty, and so much more.
If you’re interested in participating, we’ll be meeting on Sunday, December
27 at 9:00 PM EST using the following Zoom information:
Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/4678833687
Meeting ID: 467 883 3687
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,4678833687# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,4678833687# US (Chicago)
Stop by to hear from some new friends and  learn from their past
experiences and advice. Then, we’ll move into some questions from both
myself and the call attendees.
While the topic of consent will be central to our discussion, this event is
not the open forum for suggestions on how NABS can best move forward
regarding the Marching Together movement that President Trisha Kulkarni
mentioned previously. More on that event soon. However, please feel free to
reach out to Trisha directly with suggestions, comments, or concerns you
may have.
I’d also be happy to answer any/all questions about the December membership
call.
Be well,
Elizabeth
--