[OABS] Fwd: Presidents and Chairs, please share with your members the following info!

Kinshuk Tella kinshuk.tella at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 01:34:58 UTC 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Suzanne Turner <smturner.234 at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 5:50 PM
Subject: Presidents and Chairs, please share with your members the
following info!
To: <dgventure915 at gmail.com>, <dr.carolyn.peters at gmail.com>, Sherry Ruth <
babyruth2 at windstream.net>, Grob702 <Grob702 at gmail.com>, Dr.Carolyn.Peters <
Dr.Carolyn.Peters at gmail.com>, n8tnv52 <n8tnv52 at gmail.com>, <
Kinshuk.tella at gmail.com>, Barbara Pierce <barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com>, <
info at onhconsulting.com>, <shw937 at gmail.com>, <Deannakay03 at gmail.com>, <
greymaster95 at gmail.com>, Cheryl Fields <cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com>, <
c16a19f at sbcglobal.net>, Dave Bertsch <dwbertsch at hotmail.com>, Eric Duffy <
peduffy63 at gmail.com>, Annette <annettelutz at att.net>, <
president.capital.nfboh at gmail.com>
CC: <smturner.234 at gmail.com>, <rchpay7 at gmail.com>

Presidents and Chairs,

Good Evening,

I have posted new and present information that I encourage you to share
intimately with your members. What do I mean. There are a few that you
might call and have a one-on-one conversation with to ensure that they are
up-to-date with the going ons. If you need any assistance, feel free to
contact me or the Affiliate President.

The National Federation of the Blind National Convention is the largest
gathering of blind people in the world. It is the premier event for
training, support, and information for the blind community. It also serves
as a governing body, democratically electing our leadership
<https://nfb.org/about-us/leadership>and establishing each year's
organizational priorities. [image: Ever Lee Hairston hugs President
Riccobono at the 2019 banquet, both are smiling]

Although the convention is open to all, our constitution
<https://nfb.org/about-us/history-and-governance/constitution> states that
only members of the NFB have the right to participate in decision making
when it comes to organizational policy. If you are not already a member, join
the NFB today <https://nfb.org/get-involved/join-us>.
Date and Location

July 6 through July 10, 2021
*Anywhere and Everywhere*, virtual
*More details coming soon.*

Please note: the original 2021 national convention announcement in July
2020 indicated that the event would be held in New Orleans, LA. On February
8, 2021, President Riccobono announced that the 2021 national convention
would be held virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Maryland Hosting Announcement & Activities

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland is our hosting affiliate
for the 2021 national convention. Below are fun posts and activities to
join.

   - April 1: Maryland Convention Hosting Announcement & Contest
   <https://nfb.org/sites/nfb.org/files/2021-04/md_affiliate_video_april_2021_release_audio.mp3>
   - May 1: Presidential release updates and additional contest
   <https://youtu.be/9_g4ZL1Hx_w?t=2077>
   - June 1: Latest Maryland updates and name that tune
   <https://nfb.org/sites/nfb.org/files/june_release_maryland_contest.mp3>
   - NFB 2021 National Convention  LOL Comedy Night - *coming soon!*
   - Get to know Maryland
      - The Language of Baltimore (aka Baltimore)
      <https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/language-bauldamore-aka-baltimore-0>
      - Maryland's Got Game
      <https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/marylands-got-game>

Schedule

[image: Blind woman sits at dining room table using her laptop.]

The full agenda will be available in June. Below is the overview of the
2021 schedule:

   - Tuesday, July 6:  Seminars & Specialized Meetings
   - Wednesday, July 7:  Board Meeting & Resolutions
   - Thursday, July 8:  Division Meetings & Opening Ceremony
   - Friday, July 9:  Presidential Report & General Session
   - Saturday, July 10:  Business Session & Banquet

Rookie Roundup & Convention Concierge Service

Is this your first convention or do you need a review of what to expect?
Mark your calendar for Rookie Roundup scheduled for Tuesday, June 29 at
8:30 p.m. eastern. Rookie Roundup is an annual event for attendees to learn
more about what to expect at national convention. The Rookie Roundup event
details will be provided in the agenda.

Access the Convention Concierge Service, hosted by the Kenneth Jernigan
Committee: Let’s connect you with someone who can help break the ice, tap
into our network, and answer your questions about all things national
convention. Email rookie at nfb.org or drop us a voicemail at 410-659-9314,
extension 2020, by June 15 to let us know that you are interested. Please
include your name, preferred telephone number, what state you are joining
us from, and a few things that you want us to know when matching you with
mentors (e.g., life goals, if you are a guide dog user, perhaps a parent of
a blind child, if you are a student, what are your hobbies, the types of
individuals you would like to meet, etc.).

We want your first convention to be a space where we grow stronger together
with love, hope, and determination.
Presidential Suite

The Presidential Suite is a place to talk with other convention attendees
about a variety of topics. It is a place you can go in order to get
questions answered. President Riccobono will drop in when available and
also hold private meetings with as many people who request appointments as
possible. This year the Presidential Suite will be open at the following
times:

   - Tuesday, July 6, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET
   - Wednesday, July 7, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and from 6:00 to 9:00
   p.m. ET
   - Thursday, July 8, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and from 5:00 to 6:30
   p.m. ET
   - Friday, July 9, from 8:00 to 9:45 a.m. ET
   - Saturday, July 10, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. ET

Learn more about the Presidential Suite from first lady, Melissa Riccobono,
in her recent Braille Monitor article
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm21/bm2104/bm210402.htm>.
One Voice: #StrongerTogether #NFB21 Concert

Mark Your Calendar: The National Federation of the Blind and our Performing
Arts Division are hosting a fundraiser concert on July 6, 2021 at 8:00 p.m.
ET. Ticket sales opening soon. Stay tuned for more details.
Registration

Registration is now open and free! Get access to the latest information as
it is made available and more. While there is no registration fee to attend
the National Federation of the Blind 2021 National Convention, please
consider a donation if you are in a position to do so. There is a
donation option available during the registration process. Your support is
greatly appreciated.

Register for the NFB 2021 National Convention now!
<https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=432>

2021 National Convention Registration Form (Fillable PDF)
<https://nfb.org/sites/nfb.org/files/files-pdf/2021-national-convention-registration-form-fillable-web.pdf>
Host a Banquet Party

The 2021 National Convention banquet is on the evening of Saturday, July
10. Following local guidance, host a banquet party with members near you!
During the event, we will drop into banquet parties across the country for
a chance to say hello to the whole convention.

Please complete the banquet party form by June 30, so we can connect with
you.

Banquet Party Form
<https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/banquet-party-form>
Sponsors & Exhibitors

   - 2021 Sponsorship and Exhibitor Opportunities
   <https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/sponsorship-and-exhibiting-opportunities>

More Information

Stay tuned for more details regarding the 2021 National Convention. If you
have questions, please contact us at 410-659-9314 or nfb at nfb.org.

   - First Timer's Guide
   <https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/first-timers-guide>

Past Conventions

Access highlights from 2017 to 2020 past conventions
<https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/past-conventions>.
2020 National Convention

The 2020 National Convention was our biggest convention yet! Access the 2020
National Convention highlights
<https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/past-conventions/2020-national-convention>
including the presidential report, the general session presentations, and
the banquet speech now. Audio, video, and transcripts are available.

   - 2020 National Convention Highlights
   <https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/past-conventions/2020-national-convention>
   - 2020 Sponsors
   <https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/sponsors>
   - 2020 National Convention Choir
   <https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/national-convention-choir>
   - 2020 Honor Roll Call
   <https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/honor-roll-call>
   - 2020 Door Prize Donors
   <https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/door-prize-donors>

[image: National Federation of the Blind. Click to return to Homepage.]
<https://nfb.org/>

·         Donate <https://nfb.org/donate>

·         Join Us <https://nfb.org/get-involved/join-us>

*National Federation of the Blind*
200 East Wells Street
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/200+East+Wells+Street?entry=gmail&source=g>
*at
Jernigan Place*
Baltimore, Maryland 21230

*Phone* 410-659-9314 <+14106599314>
*Email* nfb at nfb.org

[image: BBB Wise Giving Alliance logo; "BBB Accredited Charity, give.org"]
<https://give.org/charity-reviews/national/Blind-and-Visually-Impaired/National-Federation-of-the-Blind-in-Baltimore-md-25>
 [image: Charity Watch logo; "Charity Watch; TOP-RATED."]
<https://www.charitywatch.org/charities/national-federation-of-the-blind#ratings-and-metrics>
--
Kinshuk Tella
He/Him/His