[OABS] Join us for our bi-weekly business meeting, tonight at 8:00 PM eastern, 7:00 PM central, 6:00 PM mountain, and 5:00 PM pacific!

Shane Popplestone spopplestone.nfb at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 15:39:57 UTC 2023

Hello students and fellow federationists,
Please join us for our bi-weekly business meeting tonight at 8:00 PM
eastern, 7:00 PM central, 6:00 PM mountain, and 5:00 PM pacific!
Feel free to forward this message to any Ohio friends and members, or
out of state members, students or otherwise that may wish to attend and
check out what the Ohio Student Association is up to!
Below my signature and attached in microsoft word format you will find:
1. The agenda for tonights meeting, that includes the zoom information.
2. The minutes from September 1, 2023.
Hope to see each and every one of you their!

Shane Popplestone
President of the Ohio Association of blind students
Co-chair of the ohio newsline committee
member of the Grater Akron Chapter
member of Ohio Association of Guide Dog users
spopplestone.nfb at gmail.com
234-716-2208
You can live the life you want!

Ohio association of blind students, all members business meeting

September 29, 2023.

Meeting Conducted by zoom.

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83171167510?pwd=OEtLd25EMzMxODR3akhnZ00zYlg3Zz09

One tap mobile

+16473744685,,83171167510#,,,,*6227# Canada

+16475580588,,83171167510#,,,,*6227# Canada

Meeting ID: 831 7116 7510

Passcode: 6227

Meeting agenda

Call to order: Shane Popplestone

Roll call of members: Jackson Schwoebel, Secretary

Introduction of guests: Jackson Schwoebel, Secretary

Check for quorum: Shane Popplestone

Ice breaker question: What current book are you reading for pleasure
that has nothing to do with school?

Reports from the board

President: Shane Popplestone

Secretary: Jackson Schwoebel

Treasurer: Asia Quinones-Evans

October 1st Fundraiser launch: Shane Popplestone

Other old business that doesn’t fit anywhere else:

New business:

Comments from guests:

Meeting schedule, and next meeting date:

Adjournment

Ohio Association of Blind Students Meeting Minutes

September 1, 2023

Meeting Started: 8:05 p.m.

Roll Call:

Jackson, Secretary

Shane, Vice President

Asia, Treasurer

Emily, President

Caroline

Johnathan

Icebreaker question:

If we could go anywhere in the world, where would we go?

Reports:

President Report:

Emily is no longer a student. Emily is stepping down as President. She
will do whatever she can to support the organization. Emily must write
to Ohio Talk to say that she is stepping down and that Shane is
President.

Vice President Report:

Shane is stepping up as President effective today.

Contact National Level and Ohio Talk and let them know the board
positions as of today. Shane spoke with other students who have
expressed interest in becoming members.

Emily motions to vote Shane in as President from Vice President.

Caroline seconds motion.

Motion passes

Secretary report made by Jackson.

Secretary report motion by Shane.

Asia seconds the motion.

Motion passes.

Asia treasures Report

No balance changes. Business accounts changed via Chase's policies. The
monthly payment is $15.00.

Since the last meeting, the charge has changed to a $15.00 service.

The account balance for the student division is $400.51.

No deposits to the account

Asia puts a motion to pass the treasurer's report.

Shane seconds the motion.

Motion passes.

Kinshuk joins the meeting.

The raffle will have two prices for the raffle.

Kinshuk suggests air tags.

Do we want to replace the thermometer with an air tag or tile?

Keep the Amazon Echo. Switch the thermometer out with the tile. So, it
is versatile with any product, either Apple or Android. We need to see
what the price is to see if the division will purchase it or not.

Asia says we cannot market it as a raffle if we want to use PayPal.

For nonprofits, we have to say drawing Caroline believes.

Shane needs to ask the affiliate if it is okay to do so.

Raffle ticket prices.

We are thinking about going with the $25.00 Echo Dot.

The tiles have packs of one, two, three, or four.

Some packs of four are $75.00. Two packages are $55.00. Two of the
keychains are $48.00.

Asia thinks the keychains would be lovely.

Finally, we are doing the smaller Echo Amazon Alexa devices.

We are trying to see if we want to do two keychain tiles and Raffel off
three items.

Shane says the board must buy and store the products at someone's house
until the drawing.

We can get these from either Amazon or from the tile website.

The Echo Dot will be $40.00. Two packs of tile would be $48.00.

Shane will email the President to see the wording for PayPal. Confirm
the pricing of raffle tickets.

Shane motions Raffel prices are one for $5.00, two for $10.00, and five
for $20.00.

Caroline seconds the motion.

Have people email or text for the raffle.

Assign each of them a number and put it on a list.

We need to decide who to send the information to for the raffles.

Raffle ticket pricing motion carries.

Asia will keep records of all the raffle stuff.

Kinshuk will email use the marketing spill.

Shane will email the affiliate president to see what we must do for
PayPal.

We can start the raffle in September and run it until the end of the
state convention to make the drawing on the way.

Shane will ask the President if we can make it to the banquet.

Start it from the day we get everything together until the start of the
convention, which will be November 17. Run it to the banquet of the way,
which is November 18.

Start date and close it on the session of Friday night on November 17.

New business.

Caroline mentioned doing another world trip during the convention.

She has ten tickets.

Maybe either Thursday or Friday night.

Some of the older adults would be coming on Thursday.

They are open from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Saturdays. It takes
twenty minutes to get there.

It opens at 10:00 a.m. and closes at 10:00 p.m. Aside from Sunday, it
closes at 8:00 p.m.

Tickets are $12.00.

Shane is wondering if we should charge more.

The minimum charge would be $12.00. Anything over and above could be a
donation to the student division.

Asia recommends that Caroline purchase the tickets, run the fundraiser
alongside it, and either buy the tickets for the raffle or the raffle.

Give the money back to Caroline. She does not have receipts for all
this.

The next meeting date is in two weeks, possibly a social meeting on
September 15. The next business meeting is two weeks following that, on
September 30.

Kinshuk wanted to ask us about our NABS representative for this year.

He wants to hear our thoughts. What things do we want the NABS rep to do
for OABS? Express interest to NABS that we wish to be an agent. He wants
to pair an NABS rep to Ohio. What strengths do they think we need for
Ohio?

It is customary for the host affiliate to provide the hotel for the NABS
rep if OABS wants to sponsor that or something.

OABS can hold the banquet and registration fee if the affiliate can
handle the hotel. Suppose the OABS board needs to talk about it more. We
will bring it up at the next board meeting.

Finalize what we cover and the total cost in the next board meeting.
Whatever the total cost is. There may be a decrease in pricing. We
believe it may be $55.00 for the banquet and $25.00 for the registration
fee. These prices are not yet official.

We can cover this as a division.

Kinshuk says one option is to convert the division into a group without
the business or the board. It would be a social group and would need a
re-vote to become a division again.

We must put it through the board.

Asia thinks we do not have enough people to run a division after this
term.

Get our constitution changed.

The next business meeting is on September 30. The social gathering is on
September 15.

Shane motions to adjourn the meeting.

Jackson's second motion.

The meeting ends at 9:21 p.m.