[Oadb] Deafblind Division

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 06:53:48 UTC 2015

Hi, Eric, and whoever else may see this,

I saw on the subscription list that this list serve is extremely
small, but I wanted to check it just in case there were any
subscribers on here who would be interested in the deafblind division
of the NFB of Ohio.

Should there be any interested parties on this list, my name is Kaiti
Shelton and I am one of the deafblind division coordinators this year.
Along with Delcenia Brown and Lisa Hall, I will be reaching out in any
way I can think of over the next few months to see where people who
may be interested in this division are so we can charter a deafblind
division, hopefully before the 2015 Ohio Convention in October.  This
is an extremely important division that we don't have already, but
hope to establish in order to better include those with hearing loss
in addition to blindness in the NFB.

Should anyone be interested in more information, please feel free to
ask.  My personal email address is kaiti.shelton at gmail.com.  The
deafblind coordinators will be starting to meet regularly to lay the
groundwork for this division soon, but ultimately you will be the
bread and butter of the group.

Likewise, if you have any suggestions or comments for the deafblind
coordinators please let me know that information as well.  We want
this division to be the best that it can be, and any input we can get
from people who may eventually hold membership or leadership positions
within the division will be incredibly valuable to us as we work to
establish the division.  Personally, I am very interested in learning
about deafblindness as I work with my fellow coordinators, and I know
they feel the same.

Thanks,

--
Kaiti Shelton