[Oagdu] dog flu

Debra Baker bakerdebra53 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 13:20:29 UTC 2015

Your decision, I believe.

Debbie

-----Original Message-----
From: Oagdu [mailto:oagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Deanna Lewis via
Oagdu
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 8:40 AM
To: Aleeha Dudley; Ohio Association of Guide Dog Users List
Subject: Re: [Oagdu] dog flu

Hi,
Thank you all for the information regarding this. I'm taking Pascal in for
his yearly shots on Friday, and Mambo in for a re-check on his UTI. I
believe that last year, I did get Pascal vaccinated for the flu, but I may
be wrong. My question is this: Even though the current vaccine does not
protect against the canine flu that is all over the media now, is it still
worthwhile to get the dog vaccinated? Also is it wise to get the flu shot if
you dog is around a lot of other service dogs? From what I've been hearing,
it doesn't sound like it is. I know a billion people who swear by getting
the human flu shots, yet they still get very sick with the flu. I know
others who haven't had a flu shot in years and they only get mild colds each
year. I really think that it's a matter of personal preference.
Deanna and Mambo (who had his first sleepover with Pascal last night)