[Oagdu] You can't have the best of both worlds... Or can you?

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Tue Aug 18 16:17:02 UTC 2015

Angel, in most cases I do believe you are correct.  In this situation
I respectfully disagree.  A guide dog is trained, at great expense, to
provide assistance to someone who has vision that is compromised to
the point where the person either needs a cane or dog to travel
safely.  If an individual can see well enough to drive a car then, I
don't their vision is severe enough to need a guide dog and the dog is
more of a pet.  Also, how do you think the public will react to
someone driving a car and then getting out with their guide dog?  This
really sends a mixed message.  JMO.