[Oagdu] A new harness/leash pouch I found.

KathyZolo kzolo at wowway.com
Wed Dec 30 21:21:52 UTC 2015

Hi Deanna,

Dixie is a fun-loving lab who is almost always up for a playtime or a dog
party out in the backyard with 2 of the other 3 dogs in the house. She tends
to play more with my daughters lab and cocker spaniel because Odie is
usually at work and sometimes, Odie plays a little too rough, so we just
don't let the 2 of them play together much.

Because of some things here at home such as Brian's heart surgery this
summer and other issues, I have not worked Dixie as much as I had hoped to
by now. She has come home with dog issues. We had a dog run out in front of
her during training. During training, we kept trying to set her up and she
dealt with it well there, but you know the drill, once she got home, she
really let it get the best of her. The one time the director of training
came out, of course, there were no dogs in sight. However, the very next
day, while I was walking with a friend, there were 2 dogs and Dixie went
crazy. I soon learned that I couldn't take her to any ball games because all
of the people bring their pet dogs with them whether they need to do so or
not and they would always come over by Dixie and she would go crazy. She has
never bitten a dog, but she sure does lunge. I finally went and got a
Martingale collar, and she is definitely starting to respect that and my
wishes more as a result. She just now turned 2 in December so there is time
to work her out of it. Anyway, other than that, she is doing fine and gets
along with dogs  and children very well. Also, a strip mall has been put in
behind our house and people tell me that it is definitely dangerous for
pedestrians just because of the way the whole thing is designed. I am going
to pursue that soon with someone from Pilot and see if we can figure out a
way to make it safe for Dixie and me to travel. Well, I wish you a happy new
year and I'm glad to hear Mambo is getting along all right.

Hugs,

Kathy and Dixie