[Oagdu] Fwd: [nagdu] FWD: Arizona - URGENT LEGISLATIVE ALERT; HB2179 AMENDMENT MAKES SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO RIGHTS OF PERSONSWHO USE SERVICE ANIMALS

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Thu Feb 19 16:19:56 UTC 2015

Service animals covers dog guides.  Therapy dogs are in a separate
category and are not included in the term "service animals."  A
service animal is a dog who provides a service like guiding a blind
person, helping a person in a wheelchair... This is according to the
ADA.  Many people train their own dogs and this is allowed under ADA.

I think people in all states have a legitimate concern because so many
people are claiming they have a service animal.  I don't agree with
how AZ is handling the problem but it is a discussion we need to have.

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053