[Oagdu] Pursuing WoodGate Apartments

Andy Leach aleach5 at woh.rr.com
Mon May 11 12:17:21 UTC 2015

Good morning Lori:

It seems to me that the issue here isn't Gipper at all, but the total number
of pets allowed by this apartment complex per unit.  If you had a situation
where they were indicating that your guide dog is too big and violates the
pet policy, or that they wouldn't allow him there at all, then you would
definitely have a valid complaint moving forward.  However, I'm not
knowledgeable enough about the laws to know if Gipper simply cannot be
counted as an animal who lives there so that your pet count stays within the
limits.  Having a quick conversation with a lawyer should be adequate enough
to let you know whether you have solid ground to move ahead.

If it were me, I'd look for a house or a double and rent from an individual
owner to avoid these kinds of blanket policies that a larger apartment
complex has to have in place so that order is maintained.  Best of luck and
please let us know what you decide and how it works out.

Andy and Brie