[Oagdu] Hocking Hills and hiking question

Deanna Lewis DLewis at clovernook.org
Tue Feb 16 13:36:47 UTC 2016

Hi all,
Hope you all are doing well.
I was curious to know if any of you have visited Hocking Hills with your guide dogs? Also, have you been to other state parks and gone hiking with your dogs? Can you offer any tips on how best to do this? I'm planning a trip to either Hocking Hills this spring.
I took Pascal to a few state parks, but we always walked on a trail or walkway. Mambo has been to Muir Woods, but again that was on a smooth trail. I kind of wonder how the dog adjusts to a rougher terrain, like rocks, hills, and tree roots sticking out? I am not sure what the paths are like at Hocking Hills, so I want to be as prepared as possible. I would prefer to work my dog while hiking, and not use sighted guide. Any tips are much appreciated.
Thanks!
Deanna and Mambo

--
This email was Virus checked by UTM 9. http://www.sophos.com