[Oagdu] {Spam?} Gipp's free eye exam yesterday

Lori Dent loriandleo at ohiohills.com
Tue May 3 14:05:30 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Well I took Gipp in for his free eye exam this afternoon. The doctor  is just pointing out everything he does see and telling me about it.  In the very center of Gipps cornias he has a very thin area of thickening kind of like a very mild cornia adema. This causes nothing and is nothing    to be worried about. It just shows up as a faint  little blueish gray haze  right in the center of his cornia.  The front of Gipps eyes are fine. When the doctor  gets into the lens  Gipps got some very very small little crystaling type cateracts in there the doc says it causes no problems what so ever. The type of cateract  the doct is talking about is a   cateract only by strict definition of the word they don’t effect vision.  there little crystal spicules the doc can see right through them and Gipp can  see right out.  There’s no  concern there.

When the doctor looked  into the retina he said that looked pretty  normal in both eyes.  Also  when doc looked into his  retina  he saw a  patch that looked like a little scar in there. The doc said the retinas are in good shape.
The doctor talked about    the growt on his eye and the potential of maybe removing it.     Which wouldn’t be to difficult the doc typically revome things like that using a little lazer  which he said is nice  because the   aturnitive is  would be to go under anesthesiacut them out  and stitch them together But we would have to watch  because of the tearduct   because of where it’s at. The doc said absolutely Now that’s a concern.  The doc said that’s a little more of a concern for the bottum one then the upper one.  The doct doesn’t get to bent out of shape about that and here’s the reason why. Even if the tear duct gets damaged a little bit . We say what’s the  worse thing  that can happen the worse thing that can happen  you end up getting   a  little extra teering from the eye. Don’t get me wrong I  of course  take every effert  to avoid any of that.  But the doc’s point is if our choice is  to let the growth  grow and  grow or we go in  and there’s a little risk  that we might damage the teerdraining duct and we end up with a little extra teering down the face he rather get the growth out. It’s not the tear production  duct  but it’s   the teer drainage duct. So it’s where the tears  are produced and leave and exit the eye.  So if that duct gets damaged  thin it just means  the tears can’t flow down a normal tube and they can end up drawn out  and come down the face. The bottum line is the doc is not talking or worried about in any way  about damaging the production of tears  so this would not effect  Gipps ability to moisten or lubricate his eye.  If anything the doc  said you heard of people with dry eye getting plugs  put in  that’s what your doing flooding out the dranage ducts so the tears don’t go down they systum and they stay in the eye longer at the worse case scenarioand there are 2 of them. Basically there’s openings on the upper eyelid and lower eyelid for tears to get into the  tear  draining duct. So you have a growth  right  here and another one  here so yes there’s no question  there . They are very close to where those openings are. But the docs guess is if he can get  those out in a way  that he  won’t damage  both of those to make it where there’s no tear dranage  at all. If we did though he would say yeah there’s  a small chance  we would come out of this with a little extra teering. Rick and I both told the doc that the growth is getting bigger.  The doctor will get me some information on  trying to zap the growths off. The doc would try to do as much as a discount he can. If I have the lazer procedurer done on Gipps eye  he wouldn’t have to wear that cone shaped thing over his head  and Gipp would be able to  work as usual with no downtime.
I asked the doctor if he thinks the growths  should be removed. The doc  said the biggest issue  he said that he thinks  that they aren’t causing any  problem right now but the concern is if their growing they can come to a point where they get  to big to do the lazer treatment.And then it starts to get more compicated. If I’m going to remove them  it’s better to do them while there  relatively small.  The says it’s easier and quicker.  He said it’s not an emergency  he’ll get me some information on it  and I can decide on it.  If I have this done Gipp will be there for a couple of hours it’s not a all day thing. The doc said the sists are probably  little benigned tumor from the oil glands.

The doctor was really friendly and nice and he did  explain everything to me thoroughly. I do want to get these 2 sists removed here in the near future. Gipp did great this afternoon.

Lori and the Gipper