[Oagdu] Important information about Convention

Deanna Lewis DLewis at clovernook.org
Fri Oct 28 12:30:23 UTC 2016

Hi all,
The NFB of Ohio Convention is just two weeks away! We will be staying at the Doubletree in Independence, OH. The address is: 6200 Quarry Lane, Independence, OH 44131. In case you need it, the hotel's phone number is (216) 447-1300.
You do not want to miss our Ohio Association of Guide Dog Users meeting at the NFB of Ohio Convention this year! We will be meeting on Saturday, November 12th around lunchtime. Our guest speaker this year is Dr. Laurel Tree from Belvoir Pet Hospital. Dr. Tree will be speaking about keeping our guides healthy and will be able to give nail trims and ear cleanings. Here is her bio from the website:
Dr. Laurel Tree
Veterinarian
Dr. Tree graduated from Oklahoma State University --The most popular question she is asked is, "Are you from Oklahoma?"  She is a native Ohioan but married an Oklahoma Cowboy.  She started veterinary school at Ohio State and transferred to Oklahoma State to become a Cowgirl.  She has two kids who she is totally in love with.  She has the world's most loyal and adoring dog, Fritz.  If she had any free time, she enjoys swing dancing, gardening and traveling.  Her goal for this year is to improve her photography skills!
Following her presentation we will have our normal business meeting. Remember that will be electing/re-electing officers for the following positions: Vice President, Treasurer, and the one Board Member.
We will be selling snack items throughout the Convention. All members are encouraged to help in the selling of these items. At this time, it looks like we will have granola bars and snack crackers. Make sure that you grab some of these items from me when you arrive at the Convention hotel. I'll be arriving Thursday evening, around 5 or 6. Carry the snacks around with you to sell at meetings, general session, meals, gatherings, etc. We will have a table in the Exhibit Hall and will be selling the snacks there as well. If you are able to work the Exhibit Hall table after our Oagdu meeting, please let me know, we'd really appreciate your help!
Be sure to stop by the Exhibit Hall to visit LuAnn Bowers and myself to sign-up for a chair massage. We hope to generate a lot of business and donate some of the proceeds to Oagdu.
Feel free to contact me with questions, at (513) 328-7976 or by email: Deannakay03 at gmail.com<mailto:Deannakay03 at gmail.com>
Looking forward to seeing many of you at Convention!
Deanna and Mambo

--
This email was Malware checked by UTM 9. http://www.sophos.com

Sent from the Clovernook email system