[Oagdu] OAGDU Education Committee

marianne marianne at denningweb.com
Wed Apr 12 22:33:31 UTC 2017

I will be there.

From: OAGDU [mailto:oagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Debra Baker via
OAGDU
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 1:50 PM
To: Ohio Association of Guide Dog Users List <oagdu at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Debra Baker <bakerdebra53 at gmail.com>
Subject: [Oagdu] OAGDU Education Committee

Dear friends,

This is an invitation for members of the Ohio Association of Guide Dog Users
(OAGDU)  to help to create a powerpoint presentation, the purpose of which
is to educate Ohio businesses of their rights when they encounter guide dog
handlers in their places of business.  Those OAGDU members who attend our
monthly teleconference calls already know that we have been working on this
effort for at least a year, though we now have established a deadline by
which we hope to have finished the powerpoint and plan to present it during
the October, 2017 NFB of Ohio convention.

I am scheduling the first teleconference call of the OAGDU Education
Committee to have already read the powerpoint in its current state of
development and to come to the call with further ideas, pictures or videos
to include in the presentation.  The teleconference call is scheduled for
Monday evening, April 24, at 8:00 p.m.  The call in number is our usual
OAGDU number and access code, (712)  770-4160, code, 435800#.

I am counting on those of you who have already committed your help on our
monthly calls to be present and have read the powerpoint that is in our Ohio
service animal folder in dropbox.  Marianne Denning has begun the powerpoint
and has shared that dropbox folder with several of you already.  If you are
reading this email and are not familiar with our monthly calls and with this
education effort, please join us on this call.  You may also contact
Marianne, Marianne at denningweb.com <mailto:Marianne at denningweb.com>  and tell
her that you would like to be added to the dropbox folder for Ohio service
animals.  Please give her the email that is linked to your dropbox account.
She is willing to help you set up an account with dropbox if you do not have
one now.    Marianne has put the folder specific to education inside the
folder for Ohio service animals.

I am hoping that once all who are interested in helping with this education
effort for business owners, and perhaps also some who respond to
emergencies, particularly police officers, you can help us write and/or edit
the script for the powerpoint.  We have discussed the possibility of adding
videos of people working with their dogs in various places of business to
the powerpoint as well.  Marianne has said that she will also create a
separate folder in dropbox where we can put both pictures and videos.

Please respond if you can make the April 24 8:00 p.m. call, either on the
OAGDU list, or email me off list, bakerdebra53 at gmail.com
<mailto:bakerdebra53 at gmail.com> .  I will offer an alternate date if I see
that too many people are unable to make the call.

Cordially,

Debbie Baker