[Oagdu] Online Registration is now open for our upcoming NFB of Ohio Convention!

Deanna Lewis DLewis at clovernook.org
Mon Aug 13 12:56:01 UTC 2018

National Federation of the Blind of Ohio 72nd Annual Convention
The Team Convention - One Team, One Goal

Friday, November 2, 2018 - Sunday, November 4, 2018

Holiday Inn Cleveland/Strongsville Hotel
5471 Royalton Road
Strongsville, Ohio 44133
(440) 238-8800
Reservations: 440-238-8800

Click this link for online registration: www.nfbohio.org/registration<http://www.nfbohio.org/registration>

The National Federation of the Blind of Ohio invites you to join us for our 72nd annual state convention to be held at the Holiday Inn Cleveland/Strongsville Hotel in Strongsville, Ohio. As Ohio's oldest organization comprised of blind people working together to change what it means to be blind, our convention will inspire, empower, and celebrate our accomplishments. Join us to learn more about issues confronting blind people today, and walk away ready to advocate for change.

Please register for convention online by using the link above. You will be able to purchase tickets, select your banquet meal type and other options. Tickets purchased at the door increase by $5 for both the registration and banquet tickets. You will need to reserve your room by calling the hotel. Please see the hotel information below.

Hotel Information

Reserve your room at the Holiday Inn Strongsville Hotel by calling 440-238-8800 and reference "National Federation of the Blind code FEB." The room rate is $82.00 per night including 16.5% tax. Breakfast is provided for two to a room. If there are 3 or 4 in that room, breakfast
is $5.00 for the additional 2 occupants. Act now to reserve your room. This rate is good through Thursday, October 11 or until all rooms in our block are reserved. Room reservations may be cancelled without penalty up to 24 hours prior to your check-in date.

As Ohio's oldest organization comprised of blind people, working together to change what it means to be blind, the 2018 NFB of Ohio Convention will inspire, empower and celebrate our accomplishments. Join us to learn more about issues confronting blind people to day and walk away ready to advocate for change.

Our 72nd Annual Convention entitled "The Team Convention" will showcase inspirational stories about the work of our movement, history and philosophy. With proper training and technology, the blind can live the life they want. It is through love, hope and determination, that the NFB helps to transform dreams into reality.

Here are a few convention highlights:

  *   Network with blind people from all parts of the country.
  *   Encourage blind persons to expand their knowledge of resources.
  *   Attend Workshops designed to promote leadership, membership building, and successful attitudes towards employment strategies.
  *   Attend the banquet that provides scholarships for blind college students.
  *   Visit Exhibit Hall to explore the latest technology and low-vision products.

Exhibitors

Exhibitors will be open to shoppers and information gatherers on Saturday, November 3,2018 from noon to 4:30 PM.

For interest in becoming a vendor, reserve your table by contacting the Ohio Convention Planning chairperson, Suzanne Turner at (216) 990-6199 or by email at smturner.234 at gmail.com<mailto:smturner.234 at gmail.com>. Please note that space is limited, and all exhibitors are subject to approval.

Volunteers

Enhance your convention experience through volunteer work. Please consider donating a couple of hours of your time while in attendance at convention. A variety of opportunities are available to you. Reach out to the Ohio Convention Planning Chairperson, Suzanne Turner at 216-990-6199 or by email at smturner.234 at gmail.com<mailto:smturner.234 at gmail.com>.

Sponsors

The work of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio changes lives. Join us in our efforts by becoming a Convention Sponsor today. For more information or to become a sponsor, please contact Richard Payne at 937-396-5573 or by email at rchpay7 at gmail.com<mailto:rchpay7 at gmail.com>.

--
This email was Malware checked by UTM 9. http://www.sophos.com

Sent from the Clovernook email system