[OAGDU] OAGDU minutes for august 14 2002

Paula Jordan paujor at roadrunner.com
Mon Aug 22 19:36:45 UTC 2022

-------------- next part --------------
Oadgu minutes 8-14-2022
Meeting was called to order at 7:05 PM.
People present:
Debra Baker
Marianne Denning
Asia Quinone-Evans
Deanna Lews
Paula Jordan
Dianne Guaditis
Shane Topplestone
Annette Anderson

The meeting was called to order by Debra Baker, vice president. LuAnn Bowers was excuseddd
A motion was made to approve minutes  from the June meeting by Deanna Lewis, seconded by Annette Anderson.
Treasurer's report:
beginning balance on June 1 was $970.44. $295 was deposited on July 5th. Three withdrawals of $356.52 each were made on July fifth. Marianne checked to make sure that no one holding credit cards had made any withdrawals. This is obviously credit card fraud. Marianne started a fraud claim with fifth third but can't complete it until Monday. Charges were from Mountainview California: and were from a linktin recurring charge.
A new credit card will be issued by fifth third Bank.
There was a balance in the account of $295 after all those withdrawals, so there was no overdraft charge. Shane suggested that Marianne contact Linktin to dispute the charges as well as Fifth Third bank.

Motion to approve the treasurer's report  was made by Shane and seconded by Dianne.

Committee reports: Gavel report: Debbie may have an upcoming talk this fall. No details yet.

Fundraising: The honey baked sale will be re-announced on the Ohio talk list. The sale will run until the end of December. We get 20% of sales. Deanna is selling home baked cookies, chips, snacks as well as  mallie's chocolates at Clovernook. All that money goes to OAGDU.

Marion Quiszdala wrote a model service animal access law. We will look at it as a group.

No Legislative or education committee reports.

In order to be in compliance with the national Federation standards our chapter name will now be National Federation of the Blind of Ohio, Association of guide dog users.
We will need to change the constitution to be in compliance. Marianne and Debbie will look at the constitution to be sure how to ammend it.

Under new business to be voted on for next month, will we offer a stipend to help a new member cover state convention cost? If so, how much do we want to offer?
Also discuss possible topic for the OAGDU meeting at the convention.

Marianne has an E. greeting card account and is willing to send E-cards to those who's guide dogs have died whether they are OAGDU member or not.
Our next meeting is for September 11th at 7 PM. The meeting was adjourned at 7:55.
Respectfully submitted
Paula Jordan