[OAGDU] OAGDU minutes April 14 2024

Paula Jordan paujor at roadrunner.com
Tue Apr 23 15:15:39 UTC 2024

-------------- next part --------------
Minutes 4-14-2024
The meeting was called to order by president LuAnn Bowers at 7:05 PM.
People present:
Marianne Denning
Kelsey Nicolay
Shane Popplestone
LuAnn Bowers
Asia Quinones-Evans
Joe Ansman
Paula Jordan

A motion was made by Marianne and seconded by Shane to approve the March 10th minutes.
Motion carried.
Treasurer's report: as of march 1 our opening balance was $1,477.17.
$5 was withdrawn for the  PAC plan: $175 was deposited from fundraising. Ending balance was $1,647.17. Paula moved and Shane seconded to approve the report as read. Motion carried.

Old business: Advocates for service animal partners offered the use of a downloadable template for our business cards. We would be responsible for purchasing card stock, printing and Brailling the cards. Shane moved that we use Clovernook to create our business cards and that would include a Qr code link to the state law. A phone number and the abbreviation OAGDU would be in both print and Braille. Marianne seconded. Motion carried.

We discussed acquiring a dedicated phone number to be used and printed on the cards. Cost $10 a month for business calls or $5 for residential calls. There is a one time cost of $5 for set up. The number could be forwarded to the president. That would include a set number of minutes per month. Since we don't expect to have a large number of calls per month we decided to use the residential calling option. Marianne moved that Shane set up an account to use skynet communications as our phone number provider and that we pay Shane $65 for one year which would include  set up and monthly phone service charges. Going forward we will cover the annual cost of the phone line.
Paula seconded the motion. Motion carried.

Marianne will work with Clovernook to get the cards.

Also under old business: quarterly education call starting with the June 9th meeting. Assuming that the Ohio zoom room is available, Paula will contact Pilot Dogs to see if Steve Hoyt is available to talk with us about the Orientation and Mobility program at Pilot Dogs.

New business: WE welcome two new  guides: joe's new dog from Leader is a yellow lab named Bowser.   Debbie is beginning home training with her new black lab, Ivette. A welcome and best wishes for both teams.
Also under new business, Marianne moved that we offer up to $600 to help individuals cover the cost of national convention, giving up to $175 per person. Shane seconded the motion. Motion carried.

Shane moved that we donate $50 to NAGDU to help maintain the relief area for the national convention. Marianne seconded the motion. Motion carried.

Next meeting will be May 15th at 7 o'clock.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:15 PM.

Respectfully submitted
Paula Jordan
acting secretary