[OAGDU] minutes January 14, 2024

Paula Jordan paujor at roadrunner.com
Sat Jan 20 02:29:27 UTC 2024

-------------- next part --------------
Minutes 1-14-2024
Meeting was called to order at 7:30 PM by president LuAnn Bowers.
People present:
Marianne Denning
Jackie Schiemann
 Asia quinones-Evans
Deanna Lewis
Paula Jordan
LuAnn Bowers
Misty Hagan (visitor)
Joe Ansman (new member)
Dianne Guaditis
Shane Popplestone

A motion was made and seconded to approve the minutes of the annual business meeting.  Motion carried.

Treasurer's report: beginning balance as of December 1, 2023 $1,397.17: ending Balance: $1,487.17.

Motion to approve the  treasurer report was made, seconded and approved.
There is currently a $5 monthly charge for our savings account.
A motion was made by Deanna Lewis and seconded by shane Popplestone that we move $10 from our checking account to the savings account to cover that charge for this one time. Marianne will check further to see what our best options are in the future. Motion carried.

Under old business: Question was raised again about providing business cards to the public with pertinent Ohio service dog information clarifying the law and penalties for denial.  We are checking printing cost from Clovernook. We discussed possibly putting a QR code on the cardt would give more detailed information.

Committee assignments:
Jackie will take charge of the gavel report.
Deanna Lewis will chair fundraising.
Marianne and debbie will do the education
Committee.

Marianne suggested that we have either quarterly or bi-monthly special meetings focusing on guide dogs or navigation  apps. We perhaps might ask representatives from each guide dog school to talk with us. Also perhaps talk about navigation apps. If we want to do these special events we need to set a day and time so we can schedule the Ohio zoom room.
We might partner with the community services committee to talk about the OKO app in March. Community service division is okay with that. Marianne made a motion to start this education series with community services division and try to get an OKO representative in March. The motion passed.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:30. PM.
Respectfully submitted,
Paula Jordan (Acting secretary.)

Seconded  by Paula. Motion carried.