[OAGDU] minutes march 10 2024

Paula Jordan paujor at roadrunner.com
Thu Mar 21 01:25:53 UTC 2024

-------------- next part --------------
OAGDU minutes 3-10-2024
The meeting was called to order by LuAnn Bowers at 6:48 PM.
 People present:
Marianne Denning
Jackie Schiemann
Dianne Guaditis
Shane Popplestone
Asia Quinones-Evans
Paula Jordan
Joe Ansman
LuAnn Bowers
Kelsey Nicolay

Minutes from the February meeting were Approved as read.

Treasurer's report: as of January 1 balance was $1,487.17.
$5 was paid for the PAC plan at the end of January.
Balance at the beginning of February was  $1,482.17.
In February $5 was paid for the PAC plan. Balance as of 2-29-2024 was $1,477.17.
Treasurer's report was approved as read.

Under old business: Marianne has talked to Clovernook about business size cards.  They can do a business card with a QR code which is marked tactally with 2 small dots so that visually impaired people will know where to scan it. We could possibly put OAGDU and a phone number and/or email address on the card. Cost estimates range from free up to $85 for 250 cards. Shane volunteered to set up a dedicated phone number which can carry over from year to year so that changes in officers wouldn't be a concern. A voice mail could be set up for that number. Shane can set that up for us and train others as needed. The card would have the phone number, email and OAGDU in Braille. The print would say Ohio Association of Guide Dog Users as well as the QR code which could take you to the Ohio law. Cards would be given to OAGDU members for them to hand out as appropriate. Paula Jordan moved that we give marianne permission to get more detail and continue to pursue this. The motion was seconded by Shane Popplestone. Motion carried. We will wait for further information to make our final decision.

We had some discussion about possible quarterly open educational meetings starting with the dog guide schools that offer Orientation and mobility along with their typical guide dog training.
It was suggested that we meet on our normal meeting night using the Ohio Zoom Room in June, August and October. Also we might use the Ohio zoom room for all of our meetings. Marianne moved that we check out the Ohio Zoom Room availability for our monthly meetings: the motion was  seconded by Shane. Paula will check with Pilot Dogs to see if they would be interested and available to do a zoom meetings either in June or in August.
Our next meeting is April 14th. Meeting was adjourned at 7:38 PM.
Respectfully submitted,
Paula Jordan acting secretary