[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: EASTER 2021

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Sun Apr 4 17:44:14 UTC 2021

From: Larry Perry <larryperry at performancepress.ccsend.com> On Behalf Of Larry Perry
Sent: Sunday, April 4, 2021 12:11 PM
To: mmoore11 at kent.edu
Subject: EXT: EASTER 2021

  <http://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=f641d146-0d11-4c9f-8763-b78122186273&a=1103316066373&c=6f49fc70-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a>

Letter from Larry

Sunday

April 4, 2021

Easter Sunday

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101116784221/S.gif>

  <https://files.constantcontact.com/54023c2e001/f3712f70-9a32-41c6-ae11-681502e61d99.jpg>

Good Easter Sunday Everyone:

This is the day the children normally have Easter Egg hunts and parties,

but in reality today is the day we celebrate that Jesus rose from the dead

following his being nailed to a cross. This rising is the very basis in our

faith. In all the other religions, the founders of their faith were found

in the graves, Mohammed, Budda, etc., but Jesus rose from the grave

to be in heaven and it is His teaching that leads us that way also.

Hey I want you to do something just for me this special day. Click on this

link: <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001tI-dmMb8aYhWjIKZGUPsdQiNAopwzOod0QJz0ioyipo5faC5SLEM6jtmaCaDAvUZ4aIAc1MZXiYE5HPkHhhY8qRuHSNSWwZ-H046qByOiFGIZYjE1bGPCfh4OrkvEHW9D8hjmzPCer56m2z7oB-LR9p1y0UM9XpUnSRRUWX_BlMnRb2TLDF97w==&c=PMBPidfLq9iiYKLcW_0ocLGRoSpI5aGlHPvK1r664_W40Ci25LUipA==&ch=9BXsvTqua-2CNcxuEbKeQq0dvlQ9VlRZsnX4kVBtsSMvOAsvjjlJUQ==> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j3NZEdHQaI

Shut your eyes and listen to the words as you reflect on Jesus today.

I still have tears running down my face!!!

WARNING: Today's story is very a graphic description of crucifixion.

If you are disturbed pain you might not want to read this. This is from

a doctor friend who describes what pain is suffered by crucifixion.

CRUCIFIXION

At the age of 33, Jesus was condemned to the death penalty.

At the time crucifixion was the "worst" death. Only the worst criminals

condemned to be crucified. Yet it was even more dreadful for Jesus, for

unlike other criminals condemned to death by crucifixion, Jesus was

nailed to the cross by His hands and feet, rather than tied... Each nail

was 6 to 8 inches long.

The nails were driven into His wrist. Not into His palms as is commonly

portrayed. There's a tendon in the wrist that extends to the shoulder.

The Roman guards knew that when the nails were being hammered into

the wrist, that tendon would tear and break, forcing Jesus to use His

back muscles to support himself, so that He could breathe.

Both of His feet were nailed together. Thus He was forced to support

Himself on the single nail that impaled His feet to the cross. Jesus

could not support himself with His legs for long because of the pain,

so He was forced to alternate between arching His back and using his

legs just to continue to breath. Imagine the struggle, the pain, the

suffering, the courage.

Jesus endured this reality for over 3 hours. Yes, over 3 hours! Can you

imagine this kind of suffering? A few minutes before He died, Jesus

stopped bleeding. He was simply pouring water from his wounds.

From common images we see wounds to His hands and feet and even

the spear wound to His side... But do we remember the many wounds

made to his body. A hammer driving large nails through the wrists,

the feet overlapped and a nail hammered through the arches, then a

Roman guard piercing His side with a spear.

And... before the nails and the spear, Jesus was whipped and beaten.

The whipping was so severe that it tore the flesh from His body. The

beating so horrific that His face was torn and his beard ripped from

His face. The crown of thorns (two to three inch thorns) cut deeply

into His scalp. Most men would not have survived this torture.

He had no more blood to bleed out, only water poured from His

wounds. The human adult body contains about 3.5 liters (just less

than a gallon) of blood.

Jesus poured all 3.5 liters of his blood; He had three nails hammered

into His members; a crown of thorns on His head and, beyond that,

a Roman soldier who stabbed a spear into His chest..

All these without mentioning the humiliation He passed after carrying

His own cross for almost 2 kilometers, while the crowd spat in His

face and threw stones (the cross beam was almost 30 kg of weight,

to which His hands were nailed).

Jesus had to endure this experience, so that you may have free access

to God.

So that your sins can be "washed" away.

All of them, with no exception!

Don't ignore this.

JESUS CHRIST DIED...FOR US!

For you, who now read this story, Do not believe that He only died

for others (those who go to church or for pastors, bishops, etc).

He died for all of us!

Think about what He went through to save you.

Really think about it!

May God bless you!

For the next 60 seconds, Set aside what

you're doing and take This opportunity!

All you have to do Is:

1. Pray for the person who you know need God's help.

2. . Take a moment to appreciate the power of God in your life, as you

do what pleases Him.

3. Pray for those around the world who are suffering from the virus

pandemic and their families.

If you are not ashamed to do this, please, follow Jesus' instructions.