[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: Pancakes

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Fri Apr 9 12:52:35 UTC 2021

From: Larry Perry <larryperry at performancepress.ccsend.com> On Behalf Of Larry Perry
Sent: Friday, April 9, 2021 8:11 AM
To: mmoore11 at kent.edu
Subject: EXT: Pancakes

  <http://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=5ac09687-79d7-48fd-90f7-7cc5f2bfa0d6&a=1103316066373&c=6f49fc70-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a>

Letter from Larry

Friday

April 9, 2021

Good Morning Everyone:

Today's story is about:

PANCAKES

Six-year-old Dan decided one Saturday morning to fix his parents pancakes.

He found a big bowl and spoon, pulled a chair to the counter, opened the

cupboard and pulled out the heavy flour canister, spilling it on the floor.

He scooped some of the flour into the bowl with his hands, mixed in most

of a cup of milk and added some sugar, leaving a floury trail on the floor

which by now had a few tracks left by his kitten.

Dan was covered with flour and getting frustrated. He wanted this to be

something very good for Mom and Dad, but it was getting very bad.

He didn't know what to do next, whether to put it all into the oven or on

the stove, and he didn't know how the stove worked! Suddenly, he saw

his kitten licking from the bowl of mix and reached to push her away,

knocking the egg carton to the floor. Frantically, he tried to clean up

this monumental mess but slipped on the eggs, getting his pajamas

white and sticky.

Just then he saw Dad standing at the door. Big crocodile tears welled

up in Dan's eyes. All he'd wanted to do was something good, but he'd

made a terrible mess. He was sure a scolding was coming, maybe even

a spanking. But his father just watched him.

Then, walking through the mess, he picked up his crying son, hugged

him and loved him, getting his own pajamas white and sticky in the

process. That's how God deals with us. We try to do something good

in life, but it turns into a mess. Our marriage gets all sticky, we insult

a friend, we can't stand our job, or our health goes sour.

Sometimes, we just stand there in tears because we can't think of anything

else to do. That's when God picks us up and loves us and forgives us,

even though some of our mess gets all over Him.

But just because we might mess up, we can't stop trying for God or

for others. Sooner or later, we'll get it right, and then they'll be glad we tried!

*****

Much love from the mountains of East Tennessee where God's

love is seen daily in our surroundings!

Larry

NOTE: This letter is sent to anyone interested in receiving these inspirational notes. There is no charge and you are encouraged to forward these to anyone you think would benefit from reading them. If you would like to receive them direct, just send an email to me at larryperry at att.net <mailto:larryperry at att.net>  and request to be added to the Letters from Larry list. If you press the UNSUBSCRIBE button, you will be permanently unsubscribed from receiving these letters.

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

Performance Press | 11464 Saga Lane, Knoxville, TN 37931

 <https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001sN5pmngK0k9o3NqMiSj7fA%3D&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ca=5ac09687-79d7-48fd-90f7-7cc5f2bfa0d6> Update Profile |  <https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/customer-contact-data-notice> Customer Contact Data Notice

Sent by  <mailto:larryperry at att.net> larryperry at att.net powered by

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF19_3GE>

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF19_3GE> Try email marketing for free today!

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.