[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] CHOOSE WISELY

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Fri Apr 9 12:54:27 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
<committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io> On Behalf Of trish via groups.io
Sent: Friday, April 9, 2021 8:39 AM
To: cwwc <committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io>
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] CHOOSE WISELY

CHOOSE WISELY

"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
(Psalm 118:24)

The Psalmist had made a decision.  The Lord God had given him that day.  Now
he chose to live through it with a positive spirit and a hopeful heart.

Nothing is more crucial to the quality of our lives than the choices we make
about HOW we will approach the circumstances, relationships and crises of
each day.  In the end it is that attitude which largely determines the
outcomes we will find.  I CHOOSE God as my refuge . . . I CHOOSE to believe
. . . I CHOOSE to find a way.

Mrs. S. had lived alone for many years and got out only with the help of a
wheelchair.  Every Sunday she wheeled herself into the side aisle of our
sanctuary (one without handicap access) where she worshipped attentively.
She always seemed to be "up," a radiant person who made people smile just to
be around her.

One evening Mrs. S. spoke to the youth of the church and was asked how she
could always be so alive, so full of joy.  She responded, "Well, I certainly
didn't choose to live the last half of my life as a widow.  And I didn't
choose to have my son killed in the Korean War.  I didn't choose to have to
ride around in this chair for the past ten years.  But one thing I did
choose - to be happy.  I decided to make the best of every day and to see
the best in every person."

A friend who has been a missionary in South America for many years told me
of taking some American visitors through his city.  One of them spotted a
beautiful large poinsettia tree in front of a small house as they passed by.
The visitor wanted to take a picture and, not realizing that the plant was
brittle, reached up to pull down a branch for the camera.  A six-foot length
of flame-red poinsettia snapped to the ground.

At that moment the woman of the house stepped out of the door and confronted
the gringos standing there, poinsettia branch in hand.  Humiliated, they
tried to express regret and offered to pay for her loss.  But they could no
more fix the personal damage than they could repair the tree.  Still,
instead of adding to their embarrassment, the woman cheerfully asked them in
for tea.  She chose to forgive them, to overlook their clumsy behavior.  She
CHOSE to offer them grace.

This is the day the Lord has made.  We are responsible to decide how we will
live in it.

Michael Halleen
Copyright 2007.

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#7530)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/7530>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20CHOO
SE%20WISELY>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:trishzoellers at icloud.com?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20CHOOS
E%20WISELY>  | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/81967114/21951>  | New
Topic <https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.