[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Amazing facts devotion

Shelly Duffy shellsebel at icloud.com
Wed Apr 14 10:06:06 UTC 2021

DOES THE BIBLE TALK ABOUT DINOSAURS?
April 14, 2021

Average reading time is about 5 minutes

We know there were dinosaurs roaming the earth before the flood. There were not only giant reptiles, but also giant mammals. For example, there’s a fossilized skeleton of a beaver 13 feet tall!

Noah was told to take pairs of most of the animal kinds onto the ark. In respect to dinosaurs, he wouldn’t have had to take a full-grown triceratops; he could have even taken the eggs. But he probably took a sample of all the major species on earth at that time.

After the flood, it’s likely that a lot of animals became extinct because the environment changed so much. And there were people like Nimrod, “the mighty hunter before the Lord” (Genesis 10:9). Anything as big as a Tyrannosaurus Rex was probably a threat, and it’s likely that the people of that time hunted them down and rendered them extinct before too long.

“Dinosaur” is a relatively modern name. The Bible does mention a beast that could very well have been a dinosaur. The “behemoth” mentioned in Job was evidently a massive beast that ate vegetation and had a “tail like a cedar” (Job 40:17). Scripture also describes this creature as living near water and being quite fearless. We don’t have anything that meets that description living on earth now.

The book of Job also speaks of a sea creature called “leviathan.” In the book of Isaiah, “Leviathan” is referred to as a “twisted serpent” and “the reptile that is in the sea” (27:1). We know some dinosaurs were ocean dwellers, and it’s possible that this refers to a type of dinosaur as well.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
"Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox."
"Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly."
"He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together."
"His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron."
"He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him."
Job 40:15-19

AMERICA IN BIBLE PROPHECY MAGAZINE
Does the Bible speak about events transpiring in our world? What does Revelation tell us about the key players in the final events? Is it possible that the United States will no longer be a sweet land of liberty?This beautifully designed magazine provides a clear and balanced overview of Revelation 13 and 14 to help your community understand what the Bible says about the final superpowers on Earth.

MORE FROM AMAZING FACTS

24/7 Christian Television

Free Book Library

Verse of the Day

WAS THIS EMAIL FORWARDED TO YOU?
Click HERE to get your own free subscription!

FOLLOW US:

Copyright © 2018 Amazing Facts
Our address is PO Box 1058, Roseville, CA 95678

If you do not wish to receive future email, click here.
(You can also send your request to Customer Care at the street address above.)