[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Amazing facts devotion

Shelly Duffy shellsebel at icloud.com
Fri Apr 16 17:48:14 UTC 2021

IS IT POSSIBLE FOR THE DEVIL TO REPENT?
April 16, 2021

Average reading time is about 5 minutes

There’s no record of Christ offering to die for the fallen angels. But God is “merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abounding in goodness and truth” (Exodus 34:6)—it’s just His nature—and I think He bore long with them. There was some kind of probation and mercy extended to Lucifer when he was first entering into his rebellion.

The Scripture says, “He does not give aid to angels, but He does give aid to the seed of Abraham” (Hebrews 2:16). There’s a reason for the difference. Satan and his angels were created perfect. They were not deceived in the way that humans were deceived. Lucifer entered a high-handed rebellion into deception. He was made perfect but chose to be proud and to worship himself; whereas Adam and Eve were made in innocence and they were caught off guard by this rebellious fiend. So the devil was more culpable than humanity was. That’s why the Lord had mercy on humans and became one of us in order to save us.

We know from the biblical account that before he sinned, Satan was known as Lucifer and stood in the very presence of God (see Isaiah 14:12). He was closest to the throne of God, and there wasn’t anything more that God could do to reveal His character to him. On the other hand, Adam and Eve were not in that same position. I believe that God gave Lucifer and the angels who believed his lies plenty of opportunity to realize the errors of their way. After all, God is a God of justice, and He’s not willing that any of His creatures should perish.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
"Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;"
"And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage."
"For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham."
Hebrews 2:14-16

MORE FROM AMAZING FACTS

24/7 Christian Television

Free Book Library

Verse of the Day

WAS THIS EMAIL FORWARDED TO YOU?
Click HERE to get your own free subscription!

FOLLOW US:

Copyright © 2018 Amazing Facts
Our address is PO Box 1058, Roseville, CA 95678

If you do not wish to receive future email, click here.
(You can also send your request to Customer Care at the street address above.)