[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: If your Christian life isn’t working, here’s what you should do.

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Fri Apr 30 18:51:49 UTC 2021

From: THRU the BIBLE Newsletter [mailto:info at ttb.org]
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2021 2:23 PM
To: mmoore11 at kent.edu
Subject: EXT: If your Christian life isn’t working, here’s what you should do.

  <http://i7.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/takingheader.png>

 Bible Bus <http://i8.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/bus.png> April 30, 2021

  <http://i10.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/bluedivider.png>

“You can’t live the Christian life on your own. If it’s not working, ask God to take over.” That’s what Dr. McGee teaches this month in a personal and practical  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tlttfg-idmkhdkih-y/> article on Romans 8 that we all need at times.

Download the whole booklet,  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tlttfg-idmkhdkih-j/> “Living the Christian Life God’s Way.”

·         Stay current on your Bible reading schedule with the  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tlttfg-idmkhdkih-t/> May bookmark.

·         No matter where we live, God sees us all—individually. He hears our cry for Him. Will you join us in crying out for people in every country of the world? Sign up for the  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tlttfg-idmkhdkih-i/> World Prayer Team and travel the world on your knees.

·         Have you noticed that the THRU the BIBLE theme music, "How Firm a Foundation," recently got a new sound?  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tlttfg-idmkhdkih-d/> Learn the why and how behind the upgrade.

·         What is God teaching you? Gregg Harris shares a TTB family response. How about yours? This is letter month and we’d love to  <mailto:BibleBus at TTB.org> hear your story.

As always, we’ve got your seat saved on the Bible Bus. Where will God take us this month?

  <http://i9.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/graydivider.png>

  <http://i1.cmail19.com/ei/r/76/A5B/39F/csimport/May2021McGeearticle.104333.jpg>

Where the Rubber Meets the Road

The Power to Live for God

By Dr. J. Vernon McGee

Before me is a letter that tells the story of failure in the Christian life. The man writes, “I’m living in Romans 7 and can’t find the way out. I have the way, but can’t get to Romans 8. I am fighting a losing battle, seemingly singlehanded.”

Romans 8 delivers us. The purpose of the gospel of Jesus Christ is to lift our shackles so that all might come to the place of salvation, and also to give power to those who want to live for God.

Romans 8 is one of the great chapters of the Bible. Theologians have called it “the Mount Whitney of Scripture.” It opens with “no condemnation,” closes with “no separation,” and in between “all things work together for good to those who love God.” Now, friend, you cannot have it any better than that.

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tlttfg-idmkhdkih-h/> > Read more

  <http://i9.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/graydivider.png>

  <http://i2.cmail19.com/ei/r/76/A5B/39F/csimport/May2021global.104559.jpg>

Field Notes: Taking the Word to the World

One Person at a Time

Every week on the World Prayer Team, we intercede for those far from God in every country of the world. But, surprisingly, what happens when they hear the Bible taught is many respond in faith.

… Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. -Romans 10:17

We pray for the spiritually persecuted. A respected businessman in Iraq discovers new life in Christ, but his family despises his choice to follow Jesus. They not only refuse to say his name again, but they seek his life. “But please don’t worry,” he whispers to us. “Now that I know Jesus is the only Savior, my life is safe in His. I will not stray. Please pray for my family.”

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tlttfg-idmkhdkih-k/> > Read more

  <http://i9.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/graydivider.png>

  <http://i3.cmail19.com/ei/r/76/A5B/39F/csimport/Living-the-christian-life.110356.png>

Living the Christian Life God's Way

Live your life God's way—it's easier than you think, and Dr. McGee tells you how straight from God's Word.

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tlttfg-idmkhdkih-u/> > Download the booklet

  <http://i4.cmail19.com/ei/r/76/A5B/39F/csimport/May2021WPT.110602.jpg>

World Prayer Today

God’s Word is spreading in unlikely places … and His people are finding favor. Join the World Prayer Team to learn more.

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tlttfg-idmkhdkih-o/> > Where is the team praying today?

  <http://i5.cmail19.com/ei/r/76/A5B/39F/csimport/Jesusin.110734.png>

Jesus in Genesis

Think back, back as far as our imaginations will take us, to the very beginning of creation, and Jesus is there.

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tlttfg-idmkhdkih-b/> > See Jesus in Genesis

  <http://i6.cmail19.com/ei/r/76/A5B/39F/csimport/WhatsHappeningatTTB.142230.jpg>

His Excellent Word

Learn the why and how behind the upgrade to our beloved theme song, "How Firm a Foundation."

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tlttfg-idmkhdkih-n/> > Read more

  <http://i7.cmail19.com/ei/r/76/A5B/39F/csimport/May2021GHletter.111247.jpg>

A Word from Gregg Harris

The Spirit of God Himself makes the Word of God real to our hearts. What is He teaching you?

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tlttfg-idmkhdkih-p/> > Read more

  <http://i8.cmail19.com/ei/r/76/A5B/39F/csimport/2021-May.111359.png>

Newsletter Download

Get all this same great content in the full PDF download of this month's newsletter issue.

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tlttfg-idmkhdkih-m/> > Download the newsletter

 Get, Read, Join, Help <http://i8.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/getreadjoinhelp2.png>

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tlttfg-idmkhdkih-c/> Download Notes

Get more out of your study.  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tlttfg-idmkhdkih-q/> Download free Notes & Outlines.

 <mailto:BibleBus at ttb.org> Reading Schedule

Share your Bible Bus journey.  <mailto:BibleBus at ttb.org> Email us your story.

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tlttfg-idmkhdkih-a/> Praying hands

Travel the world on your knees.  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tlttfg-idmkhdkih-f/> Join the World Prayer Team.

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tlttfg-idmkhdkih-z/> Globe

Help take the whole Word to the whole world.  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tlttfg-idmkhdkih-v/> Partner today.

 Mail <http://i1.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/mail.png> Box 7100, Pasadena, California 91109-7100 • P.O. Box 25325, London, Ontario, Canada, N6C 6B1
 Phone <http://i5.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/phone.png> 1-800-65-BIBLE (24253)  Website <http://i6.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/globe.png>  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tlttfg-idmkhdkih-e/> TTB.org  email <http://i7.cmail19.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/email.png>  <mailto:BibleBus at ttb.org> BibleBus at ttb.org

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tlttfg-idmkhdkih-s/> Facebook <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tlttfg-idmkhdkih-g/> Twitter <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tlttfg-idmkhdkih-w/> YouTube <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tlttfg-idmkhdkih-yd/> Instagram

 <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-l-tlttfg-idmkhdkih-yh/> Thru the Bible

  <https://ttb.cmail19.com/t/r-o-tlttfg-idmkhdkih/o.gif>

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.