[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: Do you know it by heart?

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Sun Aug 1 01:14:52 UTC 2021

From: THRU the BIBLE Newsletter [mailto:info at ttb.org]
Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2021 7:30 PM
To: Michael Moore
Subject: EXT: Do you know it by heart?

  <http://i7.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/takingheader.png>

 Bible Bus <http://i8.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/bus.png> July 31, 2021

  <http://i10.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/bluedivider.png>

Do you know “The Lord’s Prayer” by heart? “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name ....” So how do you make God’s name “hallowed”? Dr. McGee will teach us in this month’s feature article—and then you’ll want to do it every day!

And don’t miss the announcement of what’s new at THRU the BIBLE this month—and a couple life-changing stories from Russia.

It’s a great day to be on the Bible Bus with you.

  <http://i9.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/graydivider.png>

  <http://i1.cmail20.com/ei/r/74/F24/F91/csimport/0821mcgee.155030.jpg>

Where the Rubber Meets the Road

On Speaking Terms with God

By Dr. J. Vernon McGee

Let us turn to the last great statement made in the introduction of the prayer: “Hallowed be Your name.”

More correctly translated, it should read, “Let Your name be made holy.” The name of God stands for all that God is. When the Lord was leading the children of Israel out of Egypt through the wilderness, He sent His Angel and told them, “I want you to obey Him; do what He tells you because My name is in Him” (see Exodus 23:21). Who is this Angel? Undoubtedly, it’s “the Angel of the Lord.” (Other Scriptures shed light on the answer; see also Joshua 5:13-15 and 1 Corinthians 10:4, 9-10.) It is the Lord Jesus whom they were to obey. He is definitely the one in view here. That means all that God is—all that God stands for—is in His name.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-tluyudtt-idmkhdkih-y/> > Read more

  <http://i9.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/graydivider.png>

  <http://i2.cmail20.com/ei/r/74/F24/F91/csimport/0821global.160839.jpg>

Field Notes: Taking the Word to the World

New Russian Love Stories

What if global nations who oppose the gospel shut down Christian radio in their countries? Yes, it happens.

Recently, THRU the BIBLE president Gregg Harris interviewed Victor Akhterov, Director of Russian ministries with Far East Broadcasting Company, on a Zoom call.

Here’s Victor’s story of what they did when the Russian government shut down the Christian stations.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-tluyudtt-idmkhdkih-j/> > Read more

  <http://i9.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/graydivider.png>

  <http://i3.cmail20.com/ei/r/74/F24/F91/csimport/Let-Us-Pray-cover.162417.png>

Let Us Pray Booklet

A study of the Lord's Prayer lays on the heart of God’s people the urgency for knocking on His door, the necessity of asking, and the importunity for seeking.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-tluyudtt-idmkhdkih-t/> > Download the booklet

  <http://i4.cmail20.com/ei/r/74/F24/F91/csimport/0821wpt.161200.jpg>

World Prayer Today

“For a long time, I was an atheist, and did not believe in the existence of God.” That’s what we hear from a listener in Equatorial Guinea. But his story is just beginning.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-tluyudtt-idmkhdkih-i/> > Where is the team praying today?

  <http://i5.cmail20.com/ei/r/74/F24/F91/csimport/Whystudy.162817.png>

Exodus

Exodus means “the way out” and tells the story of God’s redemption of Israel by blood and by power. The Exodus, when God delivered Israel out of Egypt, is an important foundation to understanding the rest of the Bible.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-tluyudtt-idmkhdkih-d/> > Why study Exodus?

  <http://i6.cmail20.com/ei/r/74/F24/F91/csimport/0821app.161359.jpg>

A New Way to Ride the Bible Bus

Download the new THRU the BIBLE app and see all the many ways it has been designed to help you study God’s Word.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-tluyudtt-idmkhdkih-h/> > Read more

  <http://i7.cmail20.com/ei/r/74/F24/F91/csimport/0821gregg.161503.jpg>

A Word from Gregg Harris

The temporal-ness of our possessions only serves to remind us of all we have to look forward to in the permanent joy and eternal presence with God.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-tluyudtt-idmkhdkih-k/> > Read Gregg's letter

  <http://i8.cmail20.com/ei/r/74/F24/F91/csimport/2021-Aug.162651.png>

Newsletter Download

Get all this same great content in the full PDF download of this month's newsletter issue.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-tluyudtt-idmkhdkih-u/> > Download the newsletter

 Get, Read, Join, Help <http://i8.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/getreadjoinhelp2.png>

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-tluyudtt-idmkhdkih-o/> Download Notes

Get more out of your study.  <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-tluyudtt-idmkhdkih-b/> Download free Notes & Outlines.

 <mailto:BibleBus at ttb.org> Reading Schedule

Share your Bible Bus journey.  <mailto:BibleBus at ttb.org> Email us your story.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-tluyudtt-idmkhdkih-n/> Praying hands

Travel the world on your knees.  <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-tluyudtt-idmkhdkih-p/> Join the World Prayer Team.

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-tluyudtt-idmkhdkih-m/> Globe

Help take the whole Word to the whole world.  <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-tluyudtt-idmkhdkih-c/> Partner today.

 Mail <http://i1.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/mail.png> Box 7100, Pasadena, California 91109-7100 • P.O. Box 25325, London, Ontario, Canada, N6C 6B1
 Phone <http://i5.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/phone.png> 1-800-65-BIBLE (24253)  Website <http://i6.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/globe.png>  <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-tluyudtt-idmkhdkih-q/> TTB.org  email <http://i7.cmail20.com/ti/r/C8/4EC/949/091444/949/images/email.png>  <mailto:BibleBus at ttb.org> BibleBus at ttb.org

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-tluyudtt-idmkhdkih-a/> Facebook <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-tluyudtt-idmkhdkih-f/> Twitter <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-tluyudtt-idmkhdkih-z/> YouTube <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-tluyudtt-idmkhdkih-v/> Instagram

 <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-l-tluyudtt-idmkhdkih-e/> Thru the Bible

  <https://ttb.cmail20.com/t/r-o-tluyudtt-idmkhdkih/o.gif>

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.