[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: PRAYER

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Sun Aug 8 20:25:59 UTC 2021

From: Larry Perry [mailto:larryperry at performancepress.ccsend.com] On Behalf Of Larry Perry
Sent: Sunday, August 8, 2021 12:10 PM
To: mmoore11 at kent.edu
Subject: EXT: PRAYER

  <https://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=98b426ae-16a4-4eee-aa83-cde43ed8e0e6&a=1103316066373&c=6f49fc70-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a>

Letter from Larry

Sunday

August 8, 2021

Good Sunday Afternoon Everyone:

Today's story is about a man who didn't know how to pray. Read

and think about it all day today. (You might want some tissue!)

PRAYER

A man's daughter had asked the local minister to come and pray with her

father. When the minister arrived, he found the man lying in bed with his

head propped up on two pillows. An empty chair sat beside his bed.

The minister assumed that the old fellow had been informed of his visit.

"I guess you were expecting me," he said. "No, who are you?" said the

father. "I'm the new minister at your church," he replied. "When I saw the

empty chair, I figured you knew I was going to show up." "Oh yeah, the

chair," said the bedridden man. "Would you mind closing the door?"

Puzzled, the minister shut the door. "I have never told anyone this, not

even my daughter," said the man. "But all of my life I have never known

how to pray. At church I used to hear the pastor talk about prayer, but

it went right over my head. I abandoned any attempt at prayer," the old

man continued, "until one day, about four years ago, my best friend

said to me, 'Joe, prayer is just a simple matter of having a conversation

with Jesus.

Here is what I suggest. Sit down in a chair; place an empty chair in front

of you, and in faith see Jesus on the chair. It's not spooky because He

promised, "I'll be with you always." Then, just speak to Him in the same

way you're doing with me right now.'

So, I tried it, and I've liked it so much that I do it a couple of hours every

day. I'm careful though. If my daughter saw me talking to an empty

chair, she'd either have a nervous breakdown or send me off to the

funny farm."

The minister was deeply moved by the story and encouraged the old man

to continue on the journey. Then he prayed with him, anointed him with

oil, and returned to the church. Two nights later the daughter called to

tell the minister that her daddy had died that afternoon.

"Did he die in peace?" he asked. "Yes, when I left the house about two

o' clock, he called me over to his bedside, told me he loved me and

kissed me on the cheek. When I got back from the store an hour later,

I found him dead. But there was something strange about his death.

Apparently, just before Daddy died, he leaned over and rested his head

on the chair beside the bed. What do you make of that?"

The minister wiped a tear from his eye and said, "I wish we could all

go like that."

*****

May God Bless and keep you and don't forget that GOD

LOVES YOU and is WITH YOU ALWAYS!.

Larry

NOTE: This letter is sent to anyone interested in receiving these inspirational notes. There is no charge and you are encouraged to forward these to anyone you think would benefit from reading them. If you would like to receive them direct, just send an email to me at larryperry at att.net and ask.

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

Performance Press | 11464 Saga Lane, Knoxville, TN 37931

 <https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001sN5pmngK0k9o3NqMiSj7fA%3D&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ca=98b426ae-16a4-4eee-aa83-cde43ed8e0e6> Update Profile |  <https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/customer-contact-data-notice> Constant Contact Data Notice

Sent by  <mailto:larryperry at att.net> larryperry at att.net powered by

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF21_3GE&nav=98b426ae-16a4-4eee-aa83-cde43ed8e0e6> Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF21_3GE&nav=98b426ae-16a4-4eee-aa83-cde43ed8e0e6> Try email marketing for free today!

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.