[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: Roses out of Ashes

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Wed Aug 11 12:23:22 UTC 2021

From: Larry Perry [mailto:larryperry at performancepress.ccsend.com] On Behalf Of Larry Perry
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2021 8:10 AM
To: mmoore11 at kent.edu
Subject: EXT: Roses out of Ashes

  <https://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=42c6518d-afd4-4ddf-a023-328907da1857&a=1103316066373&c=6f49fc70-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a>

Letter from Larry

Wednesday

August 11, 2021

Good Wednesday Morning Everyone:

Today's story was shared with me by a dear friend and Sunday

school teacher out in Houston. It is a story about faith. I hope it

touches you when you read it.

                 Roses out of Ashes

   ~This is a story about standing strong in spite of betrayal~

More than fifty years ago my mother-in-law stood before the altar

and recited her wedding vows. On that beautiful day, she could

never have guessed what would ensue. The man she married was

not all he made himself out to be.

It was not long before the problems began to surface-loud shouting,

hurtful names, physical abuse. Over time, and with four years

between,  the had two daughters, the first of whom would become

my wife. Unfortunately; the two little girls would often have to cower

in their bedroom while the ugly shouts of anger and the bumps and

thumps of physical abuse filled their home. The walls of the home-

with a dent here and a hole there-bore the physical evidence of his

violence.

Eventually, the abuse spread to the children. My wife remembers him

spinning the cylinder on his gun. His threats to kill them and "spread

your blood over the county" sent shudders through their little hearts.

They could not fall asleep at night without the fear that he would enter

the room.

Ultimately, he moved out, abandoning his family without so much

as a dollar of support.

With no man, no marriage, and no childhood for her young daughters,

"Mom" could have felt very much the victim. But she refused to look

at herself that way. In spite of her being completely betrayed and

abused, Mom never lost sight of her commitment to her Lord. Single

and pregnant with a third child, Mom carried on. If the kids were

going to eat, she would have to work, full-time now. And there was

not much available in the little valley where they lived. No matter. It

was the right and loyal and godly thing to do.

Yes, Mom was special And God blessed her faithfulness. All three of

her children are effective, responsible adults. Her son is a pastor. Her

two daughters married pastors. And her grandchildren are walking

with the Lord today.

~Thanks Paul for sharing the story.~

Out of disaster, God has built a heritage.

May God place His Grace on you and yours!!

Larry

NOTE: This letter is sent to anyone interested in receiving these inspirational notes. There is no charge and you are encouraged to forward these to anyone you think would benefit from reading them. If you would like to receive them direct, just send an email to me at larryperry at att.net and ask.

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

Performance Press | 11464 Saga Lane, Knoxville, TN 37931

 <https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001sN5pmngK0k9o3NqMiSj7fA%3D&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ca=42c6518d-afd4-4ddf-a023-328907da1857> Update Profile |  <https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/customer-contact-data-notice> Constant Contact Data Notice

Sent by  <mailto:larryperry at att.net> larryperry at att.net powered by

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF21_3GE&nav=42c6518d-afd4-4ddf-a023-328907da1857> Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF21_3GE&nav=42c6518d-afd4-4ddf-a023-328907da1857> Try email marketing for free today!

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.