[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] The Storm Walker by Max Lucado

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 13:01:41 UTC 2021

A wall of water eclipsed Peter’s view. A wind gust snapped the mast with a
crack. Peter shifted his attention away from Jesus and toward the storm,
and when he did, he sank like a brick in a pond. Give the storm more
attention than the Storm Walker and get ready to do the same. Whether or
not storms come, we cannot choose. But where we stare during a storm, we
can.

God’s call to courage is not a call to naïveté or ignorance. We aren’t to
be oblivious to the overwhelming challenges that life brings. We are to
counterbalance them with long looks at God’s accomplishments. The scripture
says, “We must pay closer attention to what we have heard, so that we do
not drift away from it” (Hebrews 2:1 NASB). Today do whatever it takes to
keep your gaze on Jesus.

Maggie Stringer
Phone: (443) 750-0070
Email: ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Community Service Facebook Page
<https://www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision/>
NFB Website <http://www.nfb.org>
NFB Ohio Website <http://www.nfbohio.org>
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."