[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] NO TURNING BACK

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Thu Aug 26 14:59:39 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
[mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of Mr. Ed via
groups.io
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2021 10:48 AM
To: Mr. Ed
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] NO TURNING BACK

NO TURNING BACK

Jesus replied, "No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for
service in the kingdom of God."
<https://link.biblegateway.com/click/24859252.2177/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlibGVnY
XRld2F5LmNvbS9wYXNzYWdlLz9zZWFyY2g9THVrZS45LjYy/5ef562bd10222374f46b6174B4d1
fe8a4> Luke 9:62

One of the blessings of teaching Standing Strong Through the Storm (SSTS) is
the opportunity to meet special people in ministry who, though unassuming at
first glance, have experienced deep riches in relationship with Jesus. Such
a person I met in a jungle camp seminar in central Sri Lanka.

His English name was Samuel and he was a seasoned church planter. From
Samuel I learned that church planting in a Buddhist country is no easier
than anywhere else religious intolerance raises its head. I always thought
Buddhism was a pacifist religion and philosophically it is. But try and
plant a church in a dominant Buddhist community and you will see something
different.

One day Samuel began to share with me about his ministry. He had been
dedicated to the Buddhist temple as a young child by his mother just like
his biblical namesake. As a young monk he was impressed by the witness of a
Christian youth who led him to faith in Christ. He left temple life and felt
called to be a Christian church planter. With his wife and two small
children he moved to a new community and began to share Jesus. The villagers
stoned his residence and when he would not desist, they burned it down.

He moved to another community and was attacked physically with severe
wounds. In the next location the villagers schemed against him and his
family. They cut the main posts of his home and worship center. At night
they tied rope to the posts and pulled them out while the family was asleep.
He knew God was with him. Two large structural beams fell down parallel to
where the children were sleeping and neither of them was touched.

He continued on and I finally interrupted with the question, "How many times
did this happen and you had to move on?"

Samuel smiled and answered, "Thirteen times!"

Of course, in my western way of thinking I asked, "How could you continue on
and persevere through so many attacks?"

He replied, "It's like the song we sang this morning at the SSTS seminar, I
have decided to follow Jesus, no turning back!" And he quickly went on to
say with a bigger smile, "Last month twenty-five people in my new community
were baptized and I currently have another twenty-five in a baptismal
preparation class."

Jesus gives strength to carry on and not turn back.

RESPONSE: Today I resolve to not allow petty challenges dampen my commitment
to follow Jesus.

PRAYER: Thank You, Lord, for Samuel's testimony of Your faithfulness. Help
me never to turn back from following and serving You.

Provided by Bible Gateway:

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#8697)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8697>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20NO%2
0TURNING%20BACK>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:pinky14 at abe.midco.net?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20NO%20TUR
NING%20BACK>  | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/85162677/21951>  | New
Topic <https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.