[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Let Jesus Be Human by Max Lucado

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 14:32:19 UTC 2021

For thirty-three years Jesus felt everything you and I have felt. He grew
weary. He was afraid of failure. He got colds, he burped, he had body odor.
His feelings got hurt, his feet got tired, his head ached.

To think of Jesus in such a light is…well, it seems almost irreverent,
doesn’t it? It’s uncomfortable. It is much easier to keep the humanity out
of the incarnation. Clean the manure from around the manger. Wipe the sweat
out of his eyes. He’s easier to handle that way. Something about keeping
him divine also keeps him distant, packaged, and predictable.

For heaven’s sake don’t do it. Let him be as human as he intended to be.
Let him into the mire and muck of our world. For only if we let him in, can
he pull us out.

Maggie Stringer
Phone: (443) 750-0070
Email: ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Community Service Facebook Page
<https://www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision/>
NFB Website <http://www.nfb.org>
NFB Ohio Website <http://www.nfbohio.org>
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."