[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] My Bible Verse of The Day - 8-30-21

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Mon Aug 30 14:54:52 UTC 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io <committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Koppelmann via groups.io
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2021 10:47 AM
To: audioourplace-chat at googlegroups.com
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] My Bible Verse of The Day - 8-30-21

My Bible Verse of The Day - 8-30-21
1 Chronicles 22:8 (NKJV) 8 but the word of the Lord came to me, saying, ‘You have shed much blood  and have made great wars; you shall not build a house for My name, because you have shed much blood  on the earth in My sight.
God called David a man after His own heart.
Not only was David a man after God’s heart, though. He was also a man who took his walk with God  very seriously. He put God above all else.
As David grew older in years, he felt a desire to build a temple; a place for God to dwell.
So, he set about gathering materials and other resources for that task.
But God stopped him in his tracks, telling him that he could not be the one to build the temple due  to the fact that he had blood on his hands. He was a warrior who had killed many people.
He told David that Solomon, his son, would be the one to do this.
David accepted God’s choice. And instead of being upset and acting angrily about it, he spoke with  Solomon and told him of this occurrence, and what God had told him.
In other words, he handled it like a mature man of God; a mature believer.
Despite being told that he would not be the one to build the temple, David continued to help and  guide Solomon, making him aware of the enormity of the task, and the importance of it.
He also continued to gather materials and make all of the necessary arrangements for skilled  laborers, and people to oversee the project to its completion.
It’s good for us to understand this, and to apply it to our own lives as children of God. We can  learn from David and gain understanding as to how to handle situations in our own lives that may be  similar in some ways.
God desires us to be mature children; people whose faith in Him is so great that we don’t let  things like this throw us off and cause us to behave badly or in immature ways.
He wants us to be mature believers. So, let’s allow Him to mold us and shape us into just that.
If you’d like to learn more about this, we recently recorded a video on the topic. You can watch it  by  clicking here .
Pastor Curt & Pastor Ellie

View/Reply Online (#8724): https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8724
-=-=-
Questions, concerns, suggestions?  Contact us Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io
-=-=-
Group Owner: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io