[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] Learning From Mistakes

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Tue Aug 31 12:07:54 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
<committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io> On Behalf Of trish via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2021 7:22 AM
To: Undisclosed recipients:
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] Learning From Mistakes

Learning From Mistakes

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that
prevails." Psalm 19:21

As many people have learned by experience, "There is no failure except in no
longer trying."

A young man had just been appointed President of the bank. He had never
dreamed he would be President, much less at such a young age. So he
approached the distinguished Chairman of the Board and said, "You know, I've
just been appointed President. I was wondering if you could give me some
advice."

The old man came back with just two words: "Right decisions!"

The young man had hoped for more than that, so he said, "That's really
helpful, and I appreciate it, but can you be more specific? How do I make
right decisions?"

The wise old man simply responded, "Experience!"

The young man said, "Well, that's just the point of my being here. I don't
have the kind of experience I need. How do I get it?"

Came the terse reply, "Wrong decisions!"

Wrong decisions, mistakes....    we all make them. Do you learn from your
mistakes, and then move on to new challenges? Or do you take mistakes
personally, and form a negative attitude toward yourself and life?

"Failure is the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently." Those words
are from Henry Ford, the famous automobile maker. Most people don't know it
today, but Ford saw his plans collapse around him, and he went broke five
times before finally succeeding.

Are there failures in your life that bother you? Ford refused to let
failures make him a failure - remember his approach. Also remember the
Apostle Peter, who denied Christ three times but through faith, was restored
by Jesus and went on to serve God in many effective ways.

Most importantly, ask God what He wants for your life. Then obey what you
learn. You see, when all is said and done, it is not your plans, but God's
purpose, that is going to prevail.

Rich McLawhorn

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#8729)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8729>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20Lear
ning%20From%20Mistakes>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:trishzoellers at icloud.com?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20Learn
ing%20From%20Mistakes>  | Mute This Topic
<https://groups.io/mt/85273659/21951>  | New Topic
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.