[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] FAITH IS NOT A SECRET

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Mon Dec 13 18:20:15 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
[mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of Mr. Ed via
groups.io
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2021 12:10 PM
To: Mr. Ed
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] FAITH IS NOT A SECRET

FAITH IS NOT A SECRET

And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we
may proclaim the mystery of Christ.
<https://link.biblegateway.com/click/26014971.140/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlibGVnYX
Rld2F5LmNvbS9wYXNzYWdlLz9zZWFyY2g9Q29sLjQuMw/5ef562bd10222374f46b6174Bcf2b05
c0> Colossians 4:3

Some twenty-five years ago Boutros from a Middle East country became a
Christian. Since then he has revealed a big heart for evangelism. Wherever
he goes, he is always very open about his Christian faith.

A couple of years ago he was arrested and questioned by the police. They
asked him if he had baptized people and he replied, "I told them that I had
baptized 1,000 people-the real figure at that time was only 700 but I
increased the numbers because I knew I would probably soon reach that
number." Boutros is a secret believer that when guided by God doesn't make a
secret of his faith.

An Open Doors co-worker reported it was a great joy to meet him. After a
visit with Boutros he commented, "At his work place he has a cross hanging.
Everyone who comes to his place sees the cross. Recently his chief started
asking Boutros if he could go and work for another company. Family members
who work for the government told Boutros' brother that certain people wanted
Boutros killed. Our co-worker asked him if he was afraid at all. He paused
for a second and then nodded and said, 'A little bit, now.'"

Boutros meets many people who want to know more about his Christian faith.
They ask him, because he openly and clearly is a Christian. "I don't have
enough time in the day to talk with them. I have to work hard to make enough
money for my living", he apologizes. "I earn just enough to buy my daily
food." But even though he has to work hard, sometimes he can work and speak
at the same time. "Then I have long conversations about the Christian
faith."

Boutros shared a vision he had recently. "I was lying in a pool of water in
a beautiful garden and all around me were many people that I've known
previously who had since left my country and were living in other countries.
All of them were praying for me. Through this I felt that God was assuring
me that many people around the world were praying for me."

Our co-worker was impressed and encouraged meeting Boutros. "What a great
testimony of how God uses our prayers for the persecuted Christians. The
prayers really are a comfort and support to the secret believers," he
concludes.

After some prayer time together, Boutros and the co-worker moved to a safer
place where no one would overhear what they were praying about. "It seemed
important for him to have some form of physical contact, so we held hands
and prayed for just a few moments before he indicated that we should get
back. Although admitting that he was a little afraid at that moment, he
seemed in a good mood, and very much encouraged by the vision he had of
people praying for him. He did add though that he really needed prayer."

RESPONSE: Today I will not keep my faith a secret but share openly with
everyone I contact.

PRAYER: Pray for Boutros and other secret believers who are so bold in
sharing their faith and winning many to Jesus.

Provided by Bible Gateway:

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#9465)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/9465>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20FAIT
H%20IS%20NOT%20A%20SECRET>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:pinky14 at abe.midco.net?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20FAITH%20
IS%20NOT%20A%20SECRET>  | Mute This Topic
<https://groups.io/mt/87680153/21951>  | New Topic
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.