[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] A Microwave Generation - Sunday Thought For The Day

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Sun Feb 28 18:51:59 UTC 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
[mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of Mr. Ed via
groups.io
Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2021 12:33 PM
To: Mr. Ed
Subject: [CWWC] A Microwave Generation - Sunday Thought For The Day

A Microwave Generation - Sunday Thought For The Day

Mychal Massie

February 27, 2021

We've heard it said, that we live in a microwave generation and as such we
want everything given to us in a few minutes. That is not just true about
food, news, and customer service; it is also, sadly true when it comes to
the understanding of many with respect to God and the timing of His answers
to prayer.

We want our prayers answered and we want them answered in the immediacy of
our dictates. And when God doesn't respond as we have decided He must, we
often will take things into our own hands. And it goes without saying that
is a formula for disaster.

We see that when Sarah tired of waiting for God and decided to take the
matter of having a child into her own hands. The world is troubled today by
the consequences of her impatience and the decision to take things into her
own hands. The world today is troubled by the progeny of Ishmael.

Joseph waited 13 years, Abraham waited 25 years, and Moses waited 40 years
before seeing the specific promises God made to them fulfilled. But they
never ceased to believe God would keep His promise.

We must always remember that while we are waiting for God to answer our
prayers, many times he is preparing us to receive the blessing of His answer
to our prayers. It is important to also keep in mind that there are times
that God's answer to our prayers, is not answering them as we want and/or
believe they should be answered.

Faith is not just believing God will answer our prayers the way we want them
answered, but "faith" is also believing God knows what is best for us even
when our prayers are not answered as we wanted.

READ: Psalms 27:14 Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and he shall
strengthen thine heart. Wait, I say, on the Lord.

Psalms 62:5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from
Him.

https://mychal-massie.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5186b2a92fc4b2a2b47
e978d0&id=a891127463&e=a86dc42976

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
View/Reply Online (#7028):
https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/7028
-=-=-
Questions, concerns, suggestions?  Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io
-=-=-
Group Owner: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io