[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Everything Is Secure by Max Lucado

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 13:35:57 UTC 2021

It is not God’s will that you face every day with dread and trepidation.

I have a childhood memory that I cherish. My father loved cornbread and
buttermilk. About ten o’clock each night he would meander into the kitchen
and crumble a piece of cornbread into a glass of buttermilk, stand at the
counter, and drink it. Then he’d make the rounds to the front and back
doors, checking the locks. Once everything was secure, he would step into
the bedroom I shared with my brother and say something like: “Everything is
secure, boys. You can go to sleep now.”

I have no inclination to believe that God loves cornbread and buttermilk,
but I do believe he loves his children. He keeps everything secure. He
oversees your world. And by his power you will “be anxious for nothing” and
discover the “peace…that passes all understanding” (Philippians 4:6-7).

Maggie Stringer
Phone: (443) 750-0070
Email: ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Community Service Facebook Page
<https://www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision/>
NFB Website <http://www.nfb.org>
NFB Ohio Website <http://www.nfbohio.org>
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."