[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Amazing facts devotion: WHAT IS THE NATURE OF THE TRINITY?

Shelly Duffy shellsebel at icloud.com
Wed Jul 7 17:52:35 UTC 2021

WHAT IS THE NATURE OF THE TRINITY?
July 07, 2021

Average reading time is about 5 minutes

This subject has been debated by the great minds of Christendom for nearly 2,000 years. When mortals try to describe God, all we can do is make our best attempt. If we could reach the farthest stars, maybe we could explain God. But we can’t. The Bible does, however, tell us enough so we don’t have to doubt.

God is a unit of three persons. “God” is a family word; He consists of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. In John 3:16, we see that God the Father sent God the Son in the form of a human that we might be forgiven. At Jesus’ baptism, you see these individuals again. The Father speaks from heaven saying, “This is my beloved son.” Then the Spirit comes down in the form of a dove upon the Son. You’ve got the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit all right there.

Some people are confused because Moses says, “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!” (Deuteronomy 6:4). But the Bible also tells us, “God said, ‘Let Us make man in Our image’ ” (Genesis 1:26).

The word “one” in the Bible doesn’t just mean one person; it can also mean one in unity or in purpose. Speaking of the apostles, Jesus prayed “that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us” (John 17:21). Galatians 4:4–6 says, “God sent forth His Son … that we might receive the adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, ‘Abba, Father!’ ” Here you have God the Father sending the Son and sending the Spirit that we might reflect God the Son. There are many different titles used in the Bible for God, but there is only one God who is united in His purpose of saving you and me. That’s the Trinity.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."
Isaiah 55:9

Did you enjoy this devotional? Request today's free offer:
The Trinity - Paperback or Digital (PDF)

The doctrine of the triune God is under attack! Understand the history behind this dangerous movement and get to know the biblical support for the Godhead.
Request Today's Free Offer

REVELATION NOW! DVD SET
Join Pastor Doug Batchelor for this epic Bible prophecy series and get clear, trustworthy, logical answers to your most pressing questions about life, prophecy, and the last days. You’ll not only receive life-changing insight into what the future will bring next, but you’ll also gain the practical tools you need to thrive in the here and now!

MORE FROM AMAZING FACTS

24/7 Christian Television

Free Book Library

Verse of the Day

WAS THIS EMAIL FORWARDED TO YOU?
Click HERE to get your own free subscription!

FOLLOW US:

Copyright © 2018 Amazing Facts
Our address is PO Box 1058, Roseville, CA 95678

If you do not wish to receive future email, click here.
(You can also send your request to Customer Care at the street address above.)