[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Rejoice In The Lord by Max Lucado

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 14:00:56 UTC 2021

Guilt sucks the life out of our souls. Grace restores it.

No one had more reason to feel the burden of guilt than did the apostle
Paul. He had orchestrated the deaths of Christians—an ancient version of a
terrorist. Yet, Paul gave his guilt to Jesus. Period. He surrendered it to
Jesus. As a result he could write, “I am still not all I should be, but I
am bringing all my energies to bear on this one thing: Forgetting the past
and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the
race and receive the prize for which God is calling us up to heaven because
of what Christ Jesus did for us” (Philippians 3:13-14 TLB).

What would the apostle say to the guilt-ridden? Simply this: “Rejoice in
the Lord’s mercy. Trust in his ability to forgive. Cast yourself upon the
grace of Christ and Christ alone!”

Maggie Stringer
Phone: (443) 750-0070
Email: ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Community Service Facebook Page
<https://www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision/>
NFB Website <http://www.nfb.org>
NFB Ohio Website <http://www.nfbohio.org>
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."