[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Your Father Will Catch You by Max Lucado

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 14:22:22 UTC 2021

In one of Henri Nouwen’s books, he tells about the lesson of trust he
learned from a great trapeze artist. The acrobat said, “The flyer does
nothing and the catcher does everything. I have simply to reach out my arms
and hands and wait for him to catch me and pull me safely over the apron.”
The flyer must trust, with outstretched arms, that his catcher will be
there for him.

In the great trapeze act of salvation, God is the catcher, and we are the
flyers. We trust. Period. We rely solely upon God’s ability to catch us. As
we do trust him, a wonderful thing happens: we fly! Your Father has never
dropped anyone. He will not drop you. His grip is sturdy, and his hands are
open. Place yourself entirely in his care. As you do, you will find it is
possible—yes, possible—to be anxious for nothing.

Maggie Stringer
Phone: (443) 750-0070
Email: ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Community Service Facebook Page
<https://www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision/>
NFB Website <http://www.nfb.org>
NFB Ohio Website <http://www.nfbohio.org>
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."