[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Amazing facts devotion: ONCE YOU ARE SAVED, CAN YOU EVER LOSE YOUR SALVATION? PT. 1

Shelly Duffy shellsebel at icloud.com
Sun Jul 25 07:30:41 UTC 2021

ONCE YOU ARE SAVED, CAN YOU EVER LOSE YOUR SALVATION? PT. 1
July 24, 2021

Average reading time is about 5 minutes

There are many examples in the Bible of people who had a saving relationship with God and were filled with the Spirit, but then they turned away ... such as King Saul and Judas. Jesus will never let go of us, but we can let go of Him. We always have that freedom.

The concept that once you are saved you can never be lost is unbiblical. People sometimes turn from God after following Him for a time. Peter puts it like this: “But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: ‘A dog returns to his own vomit,’ and, ‘a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire’ ” (2 Peter 2:22).

On the other extreme, some people believe that you need to walk every day in doubt of your relationship with the Lord. Yet the Bible is clear that we can walk in assurance. Paul writes, “Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ” (Philippians 1:6). Another verse says, “Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith” (Hebrews 12:2).

According to the Bible, the notion that once a person is saved he cannot be lost is just not true. One of the clearest verses in Scripture states:

“When a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked man does, shall he live? All the righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; because of the unfaithfulness of which he is guilty and the sin which he has committed, because of them he shall die” (Ezekiel 18:24).

In other words, a person who was righteous can turn away from God and be lost. If a person is saved and cannot lose his salvation, why would he need to “hold fast” and not waver according to Hebrews 10:23? Because God has given people the freedom of choice.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
"Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)"
Hebrews 10:23

MORE FROM AMAZING FACTS

24/7 Christian Television

Free Book Library

Verse of the Day

WAS THIS EMAIL FORWARDED TO YOU?
Click HERE to get your own free subscription!

FOLLOW US:

Copyright © 2018 Amazing Facts
Our address is PO Box 1058, Roseville, CA 95678

If you do not wish to receive future email, click here.
(You can also send your request to Customer Care at the street address above.)