[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] EXAMPLE OF JESUS

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Wed Jul 28 12:49:14 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
[mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of Mr. Ed via
groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2021 8:29 AM
To: Mr. Ed
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] EXAMPLE OF JESUS

EXAMPLE OF JESUS

"Father, forgive them for they do not know what they are doing."
<https://link.biblegateway.com/click/24576411.4468/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlibGVnY
XRld2F5LmNvbS9wYXNzYWdlLz9zZWFyY2g9THVrZS4yMy4zNA/5ef562bd10222374f46b6174B2
4fe600e> Luke 23:34a

On January 23, 1999, 58-year-old Australian Baptist missionary Graham
Staines and his two sons were burned to death when the vehicle they were
sleeping in was doused with gasoline and set on fire, allegedly by members
of a Hindu fundamentalist group, in the Indian state of Orissa. Graham
Staines had been working with leprosy patients for thirty-four years.

Hundreds of millions witnessed Gladys Staines, Graham Staines' widow,
forgive her family's murderers in the name of the gospel on Indian
television-a scene which moved many to tears "and may have achieved more for
the gospel in India than many years of missionary work," according to an
Indian evangelist.

Describing her prompt forgiveness of the killers as a "spontaneous act,"
Gladys Staines says, "it took away the bitterness" that otherwise would have
remained in her heart. Since the incident she has people coming to her door
asking how they can become Christians.

The imagery she used was also powerful. "Let us burn hatred.and spread the
flame of Christ's love."

Forgiveness is to be given even when it is not asked for. On the cross,
forgiveness was one of the first words of Jesus. The soldiers doing the
crucifying had not asked for forgiveness but Jesus realized their need of
it.

Forgiveness can only be truly accomplished in the power of the Holy Spirit.
But when given, it communicates most powerfully the love of God. And we are
called to be like God, to bear God's family resemblance.

Forgiveness is a personal transaction that releases the one offended from
the offense. The forgiveness required by the scriptures is more than
detached or limited forgiveness, it is full and complete forgiveness in
which there is a total cessation of negative feelings toward the offender
and the relationship being restored has the possibility to grow.

RESPONSE: Today I will show Christ's love by forgiving those who do not even
ask for forgiveness.

PRAYER: Lord, may I be like You and through the power of Your Holy Spirit
forgive completely those who bring offenses against me.

Provided by Bible Gateway:

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#8468)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8468>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20EXAM
PLE%20OF%20JESUS>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:pinky14 at abe.midco.net?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20EXAMPLE%
20OF%20JESUS>  | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/84503798/21951>  |
New Topic <https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.