[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] WHERE IS YOUR HOUSE?

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Wed Jun 2 15:01:36 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
[mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of Mr. Ed via
groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 10:42 AM
To: Mr. Ed
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] WHERE IS YOUR HOUSE?

WHERE IS YOUR HOUSE?

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin
destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves
treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where
thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your
heart will be also.
<https://link.biblegateway.com/click/24029601.4022/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlibGVnY
XRld2F5LmNvbS9wYXNzYWdlLz9zZWFyY2g9TWF0dC42LjE5LU1hdHQuNi4yMQ/5ef562bd102223
74f46b6174Bb2f990f0> Matthew 6:19-21

This scripture is best illustrated by the testimony of a nameless (for
security) Arab Christian woman:

"My grandfather was born in one village, grew up, got married and died in
the same village. I was born in one city, and by the age of ten, I already
had lived in three different countries and moved five times because my
parents were looking for better job opportunities. After marriage, and by
the age of thirty-five, I had already moved fifteen times mainly because of
three different war situations in my home country!

Is there some kind of prize for people moving so often? Some of the changes
were done willingly but for most of them, I had no choice! I lived in stone
houses, brick houses and even in a prefabricated one (with thin walls like
cardboard) and that was at a time when Beirut was being bombarded! I have to
admit that I had fears not because of the bombardment but because of not
being able to find a place we could afford to pay rent!

One day, I was so worried that I couldn't sleep; so, I sat down to figure
out how I would overcome this fear. I thought to myself, What is the worst
thing that can happen to me? If I cannot afford to sleep in a building, I
will go and sleep under a tree; no one would charge me money for doing that
and no one has died because of sleeping under a tree!

Then, I looked back into the past years and saw how God had taken good care
of me, helping me not only to survive during wartime, but also to be
productive and render services to my community. If, by faith I am God's
child, according to His promises in the Bible, He will continue to take care
of me. So, having these thoughts, I began singing, "You are my hiding place,
You always fill my heart with songs of deliverance, Whenever I am afraid, I
will trust in you!" That was it, my fears were gone! I still do not own my
own place to live, but I carry the same song in my heart and in my laptop,
to listen to whenever I change the places I sleep!

I discovered that the best thing to do is not to get attached to material
things or even people, because they will be there for some time and will be
gone soon. The best thing is to get my heart attached to God, because He
will go with me everywhere, will provide for me what I need and in the end
take me to live in the heavenly city where my eternal house is! So, where is
your house?"

RESPONSE: Today I will seriously evaluate where my "treasure" and "house"
are because that's where Jesus says my heart will also be.

PRAYER: Help me Father to accumulate treasures in heaven and not on earth.

Provided by bible Gateway:

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#8004)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8004>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20WHER
E%20IS%20YOUR%20HOUSE%3F>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:pinky14 at abe.midco.net?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20WHERE%20
IS%20YOUR%20HOUSE%3F>  | Mute This Topic
<https://groups.io/mt/83260055/21951>  | New Topic
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.