[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Quiet Servanthood by Max Lucado

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 18:39:33 UTC 2021

In the hallway of my memory hangs a photograph. It’s a picture of two
people—a man and a woman in the seventh decade of life. The man lies in a
hospital bed in the living room, not in the hospital room. His body, for
all practical purposes, is useless. Muscles have been ravaged by ALS. And
even though his body is ineffective, his eyes scan the room for his
partner, a woman whose age is concealed by her youthful vigor.

She willingly goes taking care of her husband. With unswerving loyalty she
does what she’s been doing for the past two years: shave him, bathe him,
feed him, comb his hair, and brush his teeth. On the day we buried my
father I thanked my mom for modeling the servant spirit of Christ: quiet
servanthood.

Maggie Stringer
Phone: (443) 750-0070
Email: ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Community Service Facebook Page
<https://www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision/>
NFB Website <http://www.nfb.org>
NFB Ohio Website <http://www.nfbohio.org>
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."