[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Fwd: Presidents and Chairs, please share with your members the following info!

Carolyn Peters dr.carolyn.peters at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 12:30:34 UTC 2021

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Suzanne Turner <smturner.234 at gmail.com>
Date: June 8, 2021 at 8:50:46 PM EDT
To: Dgventure915 at gmail.com, dr.carolyn.peters at gmail.com, Sherry Ruth <Babyruth2 at windstream.net>, Grob702 at gmail.com, Grob702 <Grob702 at gmail.com>, "Dr.Carolyn.Peters" <Dr.Carolyn.Peters at gmail.com>, n8tnv52 <n8tnv52 at gmail.com>, Kinshuk.tella at gmail.com, Barbara Pierce <barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com>, info at onhconsulting.com, shw937 at gmail.com, deannakay03 at gmail.com, Greymaster95 at gmail.com, Cheryl Fields <cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com>, c16a19f at sbcglobal.net, Dave Bertsch <dwbertsch at hotmail.com>, Eric Duffy <peduffy63 at gmail.com>, Annette <annettelutz at att.net>, President.capital.nfboh at gmail.com
Cc: smturner.234 at gmail.com, rchpay7 at gmail.com
Subject: Presidents and Chairs, please share with your members the following info!

Presidents and Chairs,

Good Evening,

I have posted new and present information that I encourage you to share intimately with your members. What do I mean. There are a few that you might call and have a one-on-one conversation with to ensure that they are up-to-date with the going ons. If you need any assistance, feel free to contact me or the Affiliate President.

The National Federation of the Blind National Convention is the largest gathering of blind people in the world. It is the premier event for training, support, and information for the blind community. It also serves as a governing body, democratically electing our leadership and establishing each year's organizational priorities.

Although the convention is open to all, our constitution states that only members of the NFB have the right to participate in decision making when it comes to organizational policy. If you are not already a member, join the NFB today.

Date and Location
July 6 through July 10, 2021
Anywhere and Everywhere, virtual
More details coming soon.

Please note: the original 2021 national convention announcement in July 2020 indicated that the event would be held in New Orleans, LA. On February 8, 2021, President Riccobono announced that the 2021 national convention would be held virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Maryland Hosting Announcement & Activities
The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland is our hosting affiliate for the 2021 national convention. Below are fun posts and activities to join.

April 1: Maryland Convention Hosting Announcement & Contest
May 1: Presidential release updates and additional contest
June 1: Latest Maryland updates and name that tune
NFB 2021 National Convention  LOL Comedy Night - coming soon!
Get to know Maryland
The Language of Baltimore (aka Baltimore)
Maryland's Got Game
Schedule

The full agenda will be available in June. Below is the overview of the 2021 schedule:

Tuesday, July 6:  Seminars & Specialized Meetings
Wednesday, July 7:  Board Meeting & Resolutions
Thursday, July 8:  Division Meetings & Opening Ceremony
Friday, July 9:  Presidential Report & General Session
Saturday, July 10:  Business Session & Banquet
Rookie Roundup & Convention Concierge Service
Is this your first convention or do you need a review of what to expect? Mark your calendar for Rookie Roundup scheduled for Tuesday, June 29 at 8:30 p.m. eastern. Rookie Roundup is an annual event for attendees to learn more about what to expect at national convention. The Rookie Roundup event details will be provided in the agenda.

Access the Convention Concierge Service, hosted by the Kenneth Jernigan Committee: Let’s connect you with someone who can help break the ice, tap into our network, and answer your questions about all things national convention. Email rookie at nfb.org or drop us a voicemail at 410-659-9314, extension 2020, by June 15 to let us know that you are interested. Please include your name, preferred telephone number, what state you are joining us from, and a few things that you want us to know when matching you with mentors (e.g., life goals, if you are a guide dog user, perhaps a parent of a blind child, if you are a student, what are your hobbies, the types of individuals you would like to meet, etc.).

We want your first convention to be a space where we grow stronger together with love, hope, and determination.

Presidential Suite
The Presidential Suite is a place to talk with other convention attendees about a variety of topics. It is a place you can go in order to get questions answered. President Riccobono will drop in when available and also hold private meetings with as many people who request appointments as possible. This year the Presidential Suite will be open at the following times:

Tuesday, July 6, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET
Wednesday, July 7, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. ET
Thursday, July 8, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. ET
Friday, July 9, from 8:00 to 9:45 a.m. ET
Saturday, July 10, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. ET
Learn more about the Presidential Suite from first lady, Melissa Riccobono, in her recent Braille Monitor article.

One Voice: #StrongerTogether #NFB21 Concert
Mark Your Calendar: The National Federation of the Blind and our Performing Arts Division are hosting a fundraiser concert on July 6, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. ET. Ticket sales opening soon. Stay tuned for more details.

Registration
Registration is now open and free! Get access to the latest information as it is made available and more. While there is no registration fee to attend the National Federation of the Blind 2021 National Convention, please consider a donation if you are in a position to do so. There is a donation option available during the registration process. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Register for the NFB 2021 National Convention now!

2021 National Convention Registration Form (Fillable PDF)

Host a Banquet Party
The 2021 National Convention banquet is on the evening of Saturday, July 10. Following local guidance, host a banquet party with members near you! During the event, we will drop into banquet parties across the country for a chance to say hello to the whole convention.

Please complete the banquet party form by June 30, so we can connect with you.

Banquet Party Form

Sponsors & Exhibitors
2021 Sponsorship and Exhibitor Opportunities
More Information
Stay tuned for more details regarding the 2021 National Convention. If you have questions, please contact us at 410-659-9314 or nfb at nfb.org.

First Timer's Guide
Past Conventions
Access highlights from 2017 to 2020 past conventions.

2020 National Convention
The 2020 National Convention was our biggest convention yet! Access the 2020 National Convention highlights including the presidential report, the general session presentations, and the banquet speech now. Audio, video, and transcripts are available.

2020 National Convention Highlights
2020 Sponsors
2020 National Convention Choir
2020 Honor Roll Call