[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] Awareness Alert!

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Wed Jun 9 15:48:07 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
[mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of trish via
groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 11:08 AM
To: Undisclosed recipients:
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] Awareness Alert!

Awareness Alert!

  _____

Death has been swallowed up in victory!

~ 1 Corinthians 15:54b NIV ~

Are you aware of God-given opportunities? At the time, I wasn't!

My cousin turned 80 on Friday, April 24th. Two days before, my phone rang,
and thankfully, I recognized her Rochester area code -- not a telemarketer
-- so I answered "Hello" numerous times. At last, I heard a very weak voice,
"Yesss?" I asked, "Oh my goodness, Bonnie, what's going on?" Again, a
fragile voice quivered out a response: "I'm in the hospital." I discovered
that she had gone in for heart surgery but ended up on dialysis!
Momentarily, I was speechless. My heart went out to her. I told her that I
wished that I could give her a big hug, but since that wasn't possible,
suddenly, I became aware of the opportunity that God was providing. Right
there on the phone, I prayed aloud for her, asking God to give her the
warmth and comfort of His presence right there in her hospital room. She
thanked me feebly, saying, "I needed that!"

I sensed strongly that it was the right time to share my experience with her
from my heart. I said that I couldn't understand why some people talk about
death as a fearful thing, because I am personally ready whenever God wants
to call me home. She agreed. I told her that I believe that because my
husband Bob accepted the Lord's sacrifice for him, he has already seen the
Father's face, touched our Saviour's hand, and is praising Him in His nearer
presence. After all, I said, Jesus promised the thief on the cross, "Today
you will be with me in paradise." (Luke 23:43 NIV) She sounded somewhat
stronger at the end and uttered agreement to what I had said. Even though
she knew, Bonnie seemed to need reassurance.

Two days later, she died!

Thanks to the resurrection of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, "Death has
been swallowed up in victory!" (1 Corinthians 15:54b NIV)

I believe that God was at work urging Bonnie to call and filling me with the
courage to share a topic that so many shy away from. Thankfully, I responded
to His nudging, on the spot. Oh, that we would each become more and more
sensitive to the opportunities that He provides us. Little did I know that
there wouldn't be another opportunity later. What a comfort to me now as I
know that it had been the right timing. In chatting with her sons, they were
so thankful to learn about our conversation.

"Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the
reason for the hope that you have." (1 Peter 3:15b NIV)

Something to ponder: Are you ready and sensitive to when someone is asking
you the reason for your hope, even if they don't actually verbalize it? It's
something really worth sharing!

Prayer: Our dear Father God, thank You so much for the sacrifice of Jesus on
that horrible cross for sinners such as each one of us. Because of His
glorious resurrection, we can face tomorrow, even in the midst of whatever
"storm" we're facing. Remind us to be alert and aware of opportunities that
You provide. Give us courage to speak up and share the good news and the
hope that we have. In Jesus' precious name, we pray. Amen!

<https://sermonillustrator.org/cgi-bin/dada/mail.cgi/r/ill_html/895979430943
/d523ed25f5ae742b16a47b53bcc28549/> Mary Lou Tompkins
Lindsay, Ontario, Canada

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#8083)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8083>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20Awar
eness%20Alert%21>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:trishzoellers at icloud.com?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20Aware
ness%20Alert%21>  | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/83422707/21951>  |
New Topic <https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.