[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] "I HIT HIM OVER THE HEAD"

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Fri Jun 11 12:17:50 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
[mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of trish via
groups.io
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2021 7:27 AM
To: Undisclosed recipients:
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] "I HIT HIM OVER THE HEAD"

"I HIT HIM OVER THE HEAD"

"Though a righteous man falls seven times, He shall rise again..." (Proverbs
24:16)

Sports Illustrated writer Jeannette Bruce once spent two-and-a-half years
taking judo lessons, progressing steadily through the entire spectrum of
self-defense "belts."

"On one rainy night," she said, "it all seemed worthwhile. The thing every
judo student dreams of happened to me. I was walking down Sixth Avenue about
9:00 p.m. when a man stepped out of a dark doorway and tried to snatch my
purse. How prepared I should have been, how ready to smash him to the
pavement with a flourishing foot sweep!"

"Instead ... I hit him over the head with my umbrella!"

I suppose most of us can identify with Jeanette in some way. We get a great
opportunity to do something worthwhile and blow it by doing or saying
something stupid. Or when faced with temptation, we know how to resist the
enemy because we know all the right Bible verses to fend for ourselves.
However, instead of putting on the "whole armor of God," we seek to overcome
in our own strength - and fail miserably.

However, when we do fail, the important thing is to get up, learn from our
mistakes, and go on having learned to put our trust in God in every
situation in which we find ourselves.

Suggested prayer: "Dear God, thank you that when I stumble and fall, you do
not condemn me but reach out to help me get back on my feet again. In every
failure please help me to learn from my mistakes, get up, and, trusting in
you, go on. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in
Jesus' name, amen."

 Dick Innes
www.actsweb.org

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#8095)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8095>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20%22I
%20HIT%20HIM%20OVER%20THE%20HEAD%22>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:trishzoellers at icloud.com?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20%22I%
20HIT%20HIM%20OVER%20THE%20HEAD%22>  | Mute This Topic
<https://groups.io/mt/83466135/21951>  | New Topic
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.